It's a somewhat transitional period for the PC market at the moment due to the fact that DDR3 memory has been introduced for the latest Intel Core 2 CPUs. Since it's still in its infancy, and still very expensive, when building a new PC with an Intel...
When it comes to big things in small packages, the Dell XPS M1330 is a prime choice. This super slim, high powered notebook is packed with style and evokes analogies of childhood superheroes like AstroBoy or Mighty Mouse, whose stature is far outweig...
Since their entry into the portable media market a while ago, SanDisk has impressed us by consistently creating no fuss media players which perform well. The Sansa Express is no exception. Its claim to fame is that it is the first high capacity flash...
Another model in Sennheiser's range of PC headphones, the PC141 is designed as an all-purpose computer headset for gaming, music and internet telephony. The headphones sport a comfortable over-the-ear design with a microphone, and while the audio qua...
It's not surprising that Blu-ray has become one of the most sought-after technologies in the IT world. With up to 50GB of space, its potential for storing huge video files (among other things) makes it a must-have for movie enthusiasts.
Many moons ago, when PC companies first started extolling the virtues of the multifunction device, the main selling point appeared to be its ability to save space. Rather than buy a separate printer, scanner and copier, you could get all of this func...
Thinking of getting a big monitor? Then try out this 27in monster from Samsung. It has a native resolution of 1920x1200, so it can display full high definition content (1080p) with ease (albeit with 120 lines of resolution left over, so you'll still ...
The Ruckus MediaFlex wireless router, while not technically a media streamer itself, is a device intended to facilitate wireless streaming of media (videos and music) throughout the home. The easiest way to think of the MediaFlex is probably as a way...
The recent explosion in digital video sales has caused a staggering number of cameras to enter the marketplace. Even after you've narrowed down the format you want (Mini DV, DVD or HDD), the decision can still be overwhelming, with a huge range of co...
The Sennheiser PC 121 is a stylish Internet telephony headset that features an adjustable microphone, volume control and a compact design that can be worn on either ear, making it ideal for travellers.
The forgivably plain look of the HP Compaq 6710b (GE821PA) clearly states the fleet style, workhorse aspirations of this business focused notebook. Although it's one of the slower performers out of the new Centrino notebooks we've tested, it's also t...
LG's top of the line LN800 GPS unit adds longer battery life, a light sensor, and a larger touch screen to what already was a great value for money unit, the LN500.
With digital cameras, there are limited areas in which companies can look to make improvements. You can increase the megapixels, throw in some extra features such as wireless connectivity, or do what Sony has done with the Cyber-Shot DSC-H9 and pack ...
Major technology changes in the printers market are rare. In fact, in over a decade, we can't think of another printer that honestly claimed to be touting brand new technology.
The LG Flatron L226WTQ-BF isn't an extravagant 22in widescreen monitor, but it does sport a thin bezel and a flashy stand. It lacks USB ports and its stand isn't height-adjustable; it only allows for tilting and swivelling.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- FTEmail Marketing SpecialistVIC
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTAutomation Tester | C# & Selenium | Leading SaaS FintechNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTService Implementation Manager BIMNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC