This DirectX 10-capable card produces solid frame rates in current gaming titles and has the capability to display next-generation games in all their glory when they're released later this year. It's based on NVIDIA's GeForce 8600GTS mainstream graph...
Lexmark's C534dn is a colour laser printer that can be connected either directly to a computer using USB or to a network using its built-in 10/100 Ethernet controller. It's aimed directly at the business market and has many nifty print and management...
This all-aluminium mid-tower case has an elegant exterior and can house an adequate amount of components comfortably. However, it does have a couple of quirks, and it's not a case you'd want to use if you're constantly adding and swapping components ...
The Sony Vaio VGN-C25G/B is an Intel Core 2 Duo all-purpose notebook with a strong focus on style and ease of use. With its wide 13.3in glossy screen, 1GB of RAM and running the Windows Vista Home Premium operating system, it is ideal for casual user...
With almost every new television being released today also coming with an integrated digital tuner, the demand for digital set top boxes is falling. Nevertheless, companies like Topfield are still managing to make them an incredibly attractive propos...
JBL's Cinema Sound CS680 speakers, the upgraded version of the JBL [[prodid:3487]], come with a bigger sub and slightly more conventional design. Delivering more power and a distinctly different sound, the CS680 is an excellent option for bass-hungry...
The formal introduction to Intel's Centrino Pro and the next generation Centrino platform, codenamed Santa Rosa, has come and gone. The Acer TravelMate 6592 business notebook is one of the first Centrino Pro review units to become available on the ma...
The Panasonic TH-42PX600A is a 42in Plasma TV with a native resolution of 1024x768. We tested the Panasonic in both standard and high definition modes and found both to be excellent, with only a handful of image quality problems. While it is capable...
The Grundig Elegance GLCD4001is a 40in LCD TV with a native resolution of 1366x768. Suitable for displaying both standard and high definition content, this unit is part of Grundig's Elegance series, designed to be stylish on the exterior but with en...
Finally we have a pair of active noise cancelling headphones that offer some competition to the Bose Quiet Comfort series. Panasonic's RP-HC500 are over-the-ear headphones that offer reasonable sound quality combined with active noise cancelling. Aud...
The Sony TMR-BT10 is a portable stereo transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack of any device, and wirelessly transmits a stereo audio signal to a compatible A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) unit. It features a shirt clip and is charg...
When it comes to Centrino Duo notebooks the Dell XPS M1710 is among the cream of the crop. There's little more any gamer or enthusiast could ask for in a notebook, except perhaps a jet pack or a built in light-sabre.
The GPS navigation market is hotting up, with many companies keen to get a slice of the pie. Finnish mobile phone giants Nokia are just one of them, releasing the 330 Auto Navigation; their first ever stand-alone GPS unit. Combining a 3.5in touch scr...
On top of its clean, functional design, the Fujitsu Lifebook E8410 also showcases Intel's most innovative notebook technology to date, Centrino Pro, based on the latest Centrino platform codenamed Santa Rosa. Although Centrino Pro, and the Fujitsu E8...
When it comes to feature-packed MP3 players, the Samsung YP-K3 doesn't compete with some of the high-end units on the market. While it performs brilliantly and can output high fidelity sound, it is no better than any other dedicated MP3 player. It do...
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DesignerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBI Developers - 4 positionsQLD
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- CCData Warehouse Solution DesignersACT
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT