After Intel's success with Centrino, as well as its Core 2 Duo CPU for notebooks codenamed Merom, we've been eagerly anticipating the release of Intel's Centrino Pro platform, codenamed Santa Rosa.
When it comes to purchasing a digital video camera, modern consumers are spoiled for choice. With HD, mini-DV, and DVD all vying for your attention, making an informed decision has never been tougher. A relatively recent addition to this array of com...
Unlike their latest compact camera, the FinePix f40d, FujiFilm's new advanced model, the FinePix S5700, is a little bit of a disappointment. Sporting a 10x zoom lens and a bevy of manual features, it offers a lot of functionality, but falls down in i...
Sporting a slim, chic design and a funky pop-out microphone, Motorola's latest flagship hands-free headset, the H800, is a solid product. It offers good quality audio, a small design and easy operation. The only downside is a slightly uncomfortable e...
Looking more like an MP3 player than a mobile phone, the Samsung X830 is a stylish, if unconventional handset that swivels open to reveal a unique, two-column keypad. The X830 possesses 1GB of internal memory, a scroll wheel for navigation and a dedi...
A long awaited upgrade to the Palm [[prodid:3013]], the Treo 750 adds HSDPA capabilities and is also the first Palm device to run the Windows Mobile 5 operating system, rather than the proprietary Palm OS. The new additions to the Treo make this one ...
The Compro VideoMate U2700 is a neat little external TV tuner with a USB 2.0 interface. It can be plugged into a desktop or a notebook PC and it will allow you to watch either analogue or digital TV signals.
The biggest selling point of ASUS LS201 20in LCD monitor is its glass panel. It protects the screen beneath it with a scratch-proof layer that can supposedly only be scratched by diamond.
The Philips 190B7 is a 19in LCD monitor that's aimed at business users. It has good features that are handy for an office environment, such as a swivel stand, a built in USB port and integrated speakers. However, we did notice some image noise and fl...
Those of you who have a high definition TV and a huge DVD collection will appreciate Harman Kardon's DVD-47, which uses upscaling technology to make DVDs look great on huge display's.
Toshiba's latest Tecra, the A6, is a fairly standard notebook. It offers nothing to differentiate itself from the pack, and its performance was a little below expectations in our tests. However, it did offer reasonable battery life and has a reasonab...
The Sony SRS-BTM30 is a portable, wireless speaker system that features Bluetooth connectivity, meaning it can pair with a compatible A2DP Bluetooth device and receive a stereo audio signal. It doubles as a regular speaker system thanks to a line-in ...
The Freshtel 4030 Stickphone is a USB VoIP phone that connects to a PC, and is able to make VoIP calls via the Freshtel service. The package consists of a USB stick, a headset with microphone handset, and a free Freshtel account, which can be upgrade...
Acer's portable Aspire 5573ZWXMi notebook is quite easy on the eyes, but it has little going for it when it comes to raw power. Although it offers all the usual features and connectivity, it didn't hold up as well in our tests. However, it is one of...
Combining solid Destinator ND software, an MP3 player, a video player and a picture viewer with extra features like a calculator, world clock and games, the gogo CM310 is a solid entry into the GPS market. The CM310 also manages to stand out from the...
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer - JavaNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- FTResearch Officer / Data Scientist .Work Location- ACTACT