In our last LCD monitor round-up (May 2003) we were highly impressed by the inexpensive yet good-quality 15in monitor that Impact Systems was able to provide. In our February 2004 edition, we looked at one of its latest offerings, the 17in CMV CT-723...
The stylish and space-saving iMac all-in-one computer just got better. Leapfrogging its 15in and 17in model brethren to become the flagship of the iMac family, Apple’s new 20in widescreen iMac has a resolution of 1680x1050 and includes a PowerPC G4 p...
Combining a regular PC keyboard with a MIDI musical keyboard, the Prodikeys utilises a PS/2 connection and ships with software that lets you learn how to play or simply create your own melodic concoctions using the built-in rhythms and samples.
If you’re the type of person who likes to see something in order to really understand it, rather than reading text describing a process, the Teach Yourself Visually books are designed for you. One of the latest, on Office 2003, tries to get you up ...
The popularity of eBay continues to grow — with good reason: everyone loves a bargain! This book aims to help you find and win that bargain without being ripped off.
Over the years many developers have tried and failed to merge the genre juggernauts of RPG and FPS. Up to the plate boldly steps Arx Fatalis and rookie developers Arkane Studios. The result is a title rich in ideas and interesting genre interpretatio...
We all know that exercise and good diet are requirements for a healthy life — and it’s just the same with PCs. A little bit of maintenance and attention along the way could save you loads of time on the phone to support services. The Healthy PC — sub...
Released approximately 18 months ago, Dungeon Siege was touted as a Warcraft killer in the pre-release hype. The title failed to live up to expectations but proved to be worthwhile in its own right due to the immersive gameplay and excellent action. ...
Two Spanish security experts are inviting computer buffs to participate in a competition to deface a Web site on a production server. This isn’t the first time a group of security professionals has challenged people to hack computer systems, nor wil...
The subtitle to Dungeons and Dreamers, ‘The rise of computer game culture’, is clear but doesn’t wholly spell out what the authors of this book are attempting. King and Borland are primarily interested in how gaming has created communities during its...
Simpsons fans rejoice! This latest release from Radical Entertainment will have gamers champing at the bit. Apart from the 1991 arcade release from Konami, this is the first title not to fall under the curse plagued by previous Simpsons titles. Usual...
The latest incarnation of the NBA Live basketball game, 2004, brings a slew of new features to the franchise that aims to make playability a lot more realistic and challenging. This is achieved through a better-featured freestyle control that lets yo...
Bored by your beige box? Want your PC to show more of your personality? Perhaps an attempt at modding is in order. If you were a little apprehensive about taking this step, a book like PC Mod Projects is worth considering.
Both ATI and NVIDIA have again raised the performance bar with new releases which, although not mind blowing, will hopefully help push the price of their existing high-end cards (the Radeon 9800 Pro and GeForce FX 5900, respectively) even lower. ATI ...
The Mozilla Foundation has renamed and updated its Firebird browser, now called Firefox 0.8. Improvements include a download manager, the capability to view offline Web pages you've previously visited, and support for a growing number of browser add-...
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW
- CCUser ResearchACT
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst/Project Manager | PermanentQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- FTHCM Project Manager & Service Implementation Manager - SAP HRNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTDigital Marketing Executive / Content ProducerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerQLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD