PowerDVD has been one of the leading video and audio playback packages for some time now. While it may be difficult to get too excited about the improvements made to version 5.0, the program is both simple and powerful enough to be the first choice f...
Symantec’s Norton AntiVirus has long been at the top of the list of antivirus options. The latest version turns its attention to non-virus threats such as spying, hacking and unauthorised remote access.
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum ProThe $499 ZS Platinum Pro, the new flagship model in Creative’s always-evolving family of sound cards, packages an internal sound card, external connector hub and infrared remote control. The basic version of the ...
The A520 is the first notebook we’ve seen with the 64-bit AMD Athlon 64-M, the mobile version of the processor. The pre-production A520 we tested featured a 3200+ processor (2GHz) with improved AMD PowerNow! power saving technology.
The Tungsten T was the first PDA to feature Palm’s new operating system, Palm OS 5.0, when it was launched last year. It was a relative success, but as with all first-generation products there are always improvements that can be made. Enter the Tungs...
There is another pretender to the crown of the low-cost Pocket PC device — ViewSonic’s V35. This handheld joins the company’s array of diversified products that lifts the brand out of its familiar monitor maker niche.
In the past, happy snappers keen for point-and-shoot models were often limited to low-megapixel models that restricted their printing options. Now, Kodak has added a 5Mp model to its range of EasyShare digital cameras — the EasyShare DX4530.
Steganos Security Suite is a collection of tools that promises to keep your data safer than the crown jewels. Steganos Safe creates a secured area on your hard drive, up to 1.2GB in size, which shows up as a virtual hard drive in Windows Explorer.
EasyRecovery has been available to PC users for some time, offering effective data recovery — but at a price. Costing six times less than its big brother, EasyRecovery Lite unfortunately emphasises ‘lite’ rather than recovery.
Canon’s new $799 CanoScan 9900F is a powerhouse flatbed scanner that captures crisp, colourful images from film or prints — and can automatically clean up old, damaged photos.
When you’re ready to convert your stacks of cherished (but now only rarely watched) videotapes to DVD, consider Hewlett-Packard’s clever new DVD Movie Writer Dc3000.
Microsoft’s $369 Office FrontPage 2003 Web-design software adds some great tools to help new users post an inviting Web site quickly and simply.
Visio has long been the application of choice for business and technical professionals who produce flowcharts, organisation charts, time lines, network diagrams and the like. If you’re new to Visio, the Getting Started tutorial should have you constr...
Not that long ago, the debate among DVD enthusiasts was which writeable format would win out. LG’s new DVD writer is compatible not just with the major DVD+R/+RW and DVD-R/-RW formats, but also with the increasingly obscure DVD-RAM.
When Steve Jobs first announced Halo at the MacWorld Expo in New York in 1999, and showed some limited footage, it caused a huge buzz in the gaming community. The game was originally slated for the PC and Mac platforms, but Microsoft changed the plan...
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTData Analyst - 12 months Fixed Term ContractVIC
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere Message Broker / Java)SA
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD