Kyocera says that its $1395 Finecam S5 is the world’s smallest 5-megapixel camera. The size is indeed wonderful, but the quality of the camera’s images leaves much to be desired.
After a period of calm with low-priced models, the new breed of USB 2.0 scanner is pushing the asking price back towards the $500 mark.
This antivirus and personal firewall solution comprises six modules: Murphy Shield, BitDefender Live, Quarantine, Scheduler, BitDefender P2P and Shell Extension.
With everything slowly turning digital and the proposed closedown of analogue transmissions, you’ll soon have to take a leap in the 21st century whether you like it or not. Digital TV has gained a lot of publicity -- not all of it positive -- but rad...
In the Tech Files section in the June 2003 issue (on page 99) we reviewed a selection of the latest graphics cards available from NVIDIA and ATI, which are based on their new family of FX chipsets. Here are the results for ATI Radeon 9800Pro-based gr...
In the June print issue of PC World Magazine (on page 98) we looked at Intel’s new high-end Desktop platform for the Pentium 4 CPU, which is the Intel 875P chipset.
Apple has added two new iMacs to its desktop range. The $3795 top-of-the-line 17in wide screen model features a 1GHz G4 processor, 256MB of DDR SDRAM, and an updated 4x SuperDrive that creates both CDs and DVDs. The machine uses an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX...
Panasonic’s new Toughbook Light range comprises the $3999 CF-R1 (pictured), featuring a 10.4in anti-glare display, and the $4199 CF-T1, which is identical apart from its larger 12.1in display.
Recent versions of Mandrake Linux have not changed much from the user’s perspective, as stability and software updates have been the focus of releases over the last year. Mandrake Linux 9.1 is the first significant update to the popular Linux distrib...
The Opera 7 browser offers a host of new innovations including a links panel that features all the links on a particular page, and a ‘fast forward’ feature that takes users to the next page they are most likely to visit.
Qualcomm’s Eudora for Windows 5.2 concentrates on the ever-rising tide of unsolicited and sometimes malicious e-mail, otherwise known as spam, which accounts for close to a fifth of the 20 billion e-mails sent each day around the world. This surge in...
In the Tech Files section in the June 2003 issue (on page 99) we reviewed a selection of the latest graphics cards available from NVIDIA and ATI, which are based on their new family of FX chipsets. Here are the results for ATI Radeon 9700Pro-based gr...
In the Tech Files section in the June 2003 issue (on page 99) we reviewed a selection of the latest graphics cards available from NVIDIA, which are based on their new family of FX chipsets. Here are the results.
The new $599 SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX consists of an Audigy 2-based PCI sound card plus a 15-pin MIDI/joystick port on a separate bracket, an external input/output module, a remote control and a software bundle.
On the strength of the past Toca titles you could be forgiven for thinking that Toca Race Driver would be pretty much the same game but with new cars and drivers. Well, that isn’t the case at all.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Logitech's excellent C920 webcam is just $50 today
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior DBANSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Support/HelpdeskVIC
- CCService DeskSA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Analytic Solution DesignersACT
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- CCData Scientists - MultipleACT
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Office 365) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTx3 Field EngineersVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Data AnalystVIC
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW