The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) set out to solve the backup and restore challenges created by expanding data volumes. When IT staff saw how Quantum’s DXi deduplication appliance reduced backup times by 20 hours, enabled restores in minutes, and saved 50 percent in tape media purchases, ACER bought a second unit for disaster recovery protection. Read on.
Data protection is the very foundation on top of which we have confidence in digital data, and protecting data takes no less than one of the most complex sets of features found in any storage solution. But the challenges haven’t discouraged innovation, and in fact a major innovation – data deduplication – has brought a whole new generation of storage vendors into the field of data protection. Read more about Quantum.
Data Deduplication For Dummies, Quantum 2nd Special Edition, discusses the methods and rationale for reducing the amount of duplicate data maintained by your organisation. This book is intended to provide you with the information you need to understand how data deduplication can make a meaningful impact on your organization’s data management.
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- PC World 2017 Editors' Choice Awards Nomineees Announced
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTGateway Architect - perm / contractACT
- FTResident EngineerOther
- TPICT ArchitectsACT
- FTSenior UI DesignerOther
- FTIT Project Coordinator | Gold CoastQLD
- CCProject OfficerNSW
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Engineer (devOps)NSW
- FTGraduate Application Support OfficerOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BrisbaneNSW
- FTInformix 4GL ProgrammerOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- CCPatching ManagerVIC
- FTProject/Stakeholder Engagement ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- FTSenior SQL EngineerOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTPortfolio Lead. PMONSW
- FTApplication Support ConsultantVIC
- FTJunior Product/Project Manager - North QueenslandQLD
- FTPronto Systems / Reporting AnalystVIC
- FT.Net Full-stack DeveloperOther