Creating and implementing a data protection and disaster recovery (D/R) strategy enables you to protect your organization’s data against loss, recover it quickly in the event of a disaster, and comply with regulations and corporate policies. This document explains how to develop a D/R strategy and how to protect and recover Exchange data, and also discusses how an archiving solution can complement your D/R strategy.
A core challenge for many organizations adopting SharePoint is that even basic development tasks can require a major investment in time and resources. Once SharePoint is entrenched in an organization, and its usage requirements become more complex, much more work must be devoted to satisfying those requirements. This paper will first explain how frustrations arise as usage requirements become more complex, then provide guidance to help you address these frustrations.
Virtualisation brings challenges that can erode its cost benefits and leave the infrastructure less protected than before. In this paper, data protection experts offer five tips for effective backup and recovery to help you avoid the challenges that might keep you from fully protecting your virtual assets and infrastructure.
Governance for all is more than an IT initiative, it’s a strategy that unites IT and business content owners to achieve their shared goals. At its best, governance means empowering self-governance, with tools like delegated access, effective reporting, and automated policy enforcement. This whitepaper explains how to create a “governance for all” strategy that will enhance shared adoption and its benefits to the organization. Read now.
This white paper focuses on the increasing use of SharePoint, the benefits it offers for collaboration, and the need for appropirately governing content in SharePoint infrastructures.
SMBs have increasingly been implementing virtualisation in order to take advantage of the benefits and flexibility of the technology. But IT groups supporting SMBs tend to have only a few staff members, most of whom are generalists with no specific expertise in server virtualisation. This lack of resources and expertise leads to particular challenges, especially in backup and disaster recovery.
IT managers are keenly aware of the investment their organisations have made in SharePoint and the many advantages it offers, including improvements in content collaboration, access to business intelligence, data security, compliance and auditing. But this is lagging because users simply don’t care about all of these advantages. Fortunately, there are practices that lead to successful adoption. Adopting those practices, and avoiding techniques that only turn users off, is a proven path to SharePoint success. Learn more.
SharePoint 2013’s social features are powerful tools to empower collaboration and accelerate adoption of the platform. Unfortunately, those features are widely misunderstood, and therefore the benefits of SharePoint social are lost. This white paper will help you to answer basic questions about SharePoint social. Read on.
More and more business applications are being created by “citizen developers” - end users who are not IT developers but who create solutions for themselves and their groups. This white paper explores six reasons to embrace citizen development in an intelligent way that minimises risks and maximises the return on your investment. Read now.
SharePoint 2013’s social features are powerful tools to empower collaboration and accelerate adoption of the platform. Unfortunately, those features are widely misunderstood, and therefore the benefits of SharePoint social are lost. Discover how you can make the most of these new features to ensure SharePoint adoption and collaboration while maintaining security best practices in this on-demand webcast.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- BlackBerry wins $815 million in overpaid royalty to Qualcomm
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerWA
- FTSoftware Tech Lead | C++ | Trading | Market ConnectivityOther
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- TPSenior Server Engineer/System AdministratorWA
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- TPService Desk AnalystACT
- CCKnowledge/CSI ManagerACT
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPTest ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- FTService Desk Consultant/ Customer Service SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork Architect - CiscoQLD
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW