In April 2003, the Network File System (NFS) version 4 Protocol was ratified as an Internet standard, described in RFC-35301, which superseded NFS Version 3 (NFSv3, specified in RFC-18132). Since the ratification of NFSv4, further advances have been made to the standard, notably NFSv4.1 (as described in RFC-56613, ratified in January 2010) that includes several new features such as parallel NFS (pNFS).
NAND Flash-based solid state storage (SSS) solutions, as they exist today, offer unparalleled performance combined with a level of data integrity and availability for mission-critical data that matches and potentially exceeds storage solutions based on mechanical, magnetic drives. Long associated with consumer electronics, NAND Flash has become a viable storage medium for commercial and governmental information systems, often referred to collectively as enterprise applications.
Solid state data storage is gaining significant acceptance today. Storage based on Ram Access Memory (RAM) and Flash chips instead of mechanical hard disk drives is earning much greater attention by meeting the market requirements for reliability, performance, and cost more effectively than ever before. Read on.
The purpose of this document is to provide guidance into some of the factors you should consider when evaluating storage security technology and solutions. As with any security project, acquiring technology is not the only step to properly protecting your data. Part of this process should include an evaluation of the current processes and security controls in place, such as physical access controls, environmental controls, and administrative controls. While there is no single set of requirements that applies to all organizations, this Guide can provide some baseline considerations.
The SNIA Dictionary contains terms and definitions related to storage and other information technologies, and is the storage networking industry's most comprehensive attempt to date to arrive at a common body of terminology for the technologies it represents. The terms go through a rigorous technical review and approval process by the SNIA Technical Council to assure their accuracy.
This white paper will explore the need for a caching and buffering technology between DRAM and HDDs and why Flash memory can be used to fill this need. We will go on to look at various ways that Flash and HDDs can be combined in a computer storage hierarchy. These technologies to combine Flash memory and HDDs include hybrid HDDs, Flash on the computer motherboard, and a combination of Flash and HDD storage devices in the same computer – paired storage systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- BlackBerry wins $815 million in overpaid royalty to Qualcomm
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Systems Analyst - Network/InfrastructureOther
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- CCMigration EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Lead, Asset Mgmt & OperationsOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - Firewalls (Juniper )Other
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Applications EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Delphi, VMS, FortranOther
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject SchedulerQLD
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- FTSr Integration Architect - next year startACT
- CCWindows AdminVIC