In today’s economic climate, everyone’s feeling the pressure. No industry is safe. And no one can comfortably predict just when things will turn around. The challenge is especially great for your IT department: you need to figure out how to cut costs while keeping pace with ever-escalating demand for IT-supported business transactions. Read more.
The global economy is driving competition at an ever-increasing rate, forcing enterprises both small and large to work as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible. To reduce costs in the datacenter, many IT managers are moving to commodity x86-based servers to replace their legacy RISC servers, such as those based on Oracle SPARC processors. Read more.
To increase agility, improve productivity, and reduce costs, many enterprises are moving away from proprietary platforms to a more standardised IT infrastructure and automated processes like service provisioning and private clouds. Read more.
This paper examines two case studies where organisations were recently faced with application upgrades. In both cases the organisations needed to upgrade aging systems to accommodate increased workloads and to take advantage of functional enhancements in the latest releases of packaged applications. Both organisations found that by migrating they could cut their costs by more than half compared to upgrading to newer versions of UNIX/RISC platforms.
Companies originally chose AIX platforms because of the strength of IBM software and the robust platform on which it could run, and that choice served them well. However, in today’s fast-changing business environment, you need a flexible, cost-effective IT infrastructure that is supported on a wide range of servers to handle any workload, from small to large to virtualised cloud deployments. The same advantages, in terms of reliability, security, and performance is available today on a breadth of hardware platforms.
Building a cloud is a highly strategic IT decision. In fact, it’s perhaps the most important single decision CIOs will make this decade. But not all approaches are created equal. Of the three basic models for building a cloud, only one maximises the value of that cloud and the business benefit derived from it. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTWeb Developer (UX Design / Siebel Open UI / CSS)NSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTTeam Lead, Asset Mgmt & OperationsOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Java DeveloperOther
- TPAngular DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- FTGraduate Developer - C#.Net | SQL | Web ServicesQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystOther
- FTAutomation Tester - SeleniumACT
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL Server DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSolution Architect **Telecommunications Products** $800 per dayOther
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Risk and Compliance StreamOther
- CCTechnical Lead - Infrastructure SMENSW
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Manager / Service Delivery ManagerVIC