This whitepaper discusses how organisations can use VDI to reduce costs and complexity, increase security and provide a consistent user experience when managing their growing number of end user devices.
• Data security and availability take on new dimensions with so many out-of-office devices. • User experiences can be managed through the deployment of uniform high performance architecture. • Purpose-built solutions simplify purchase, streamline provisioning, and lower deployment risk.
This whitepaper discusses the reasons and trends that are encouraging more companies to move towards implementing virtual desktops throughout their organisations. • Users are increasingly using smartphones and tablets to access enterprise applications • The reasons for the trends toward virtual desktop is threefold • Securing data, managing devices, and offering a rich end-user experience are top priorities
The market for integrated systems is a key growth area for data centre hardware infrastructure. This report sizes the market and profiles early leaders in this important and emerging area. • The integrated systems market is growing, with revenue increasing 53.7% year on year. • Large enterprises are currently the key customers, while the small business segment is underserved. • There is significant opportunity for overall segment growth
Instead of being caught in the financial vice of replacing 4,000 computers, the Tyler School District decided to implement a Vblock system and use its existing computers as thin clients. • Difficult financial times prompted a change in the approach to upgrading IT resources. • The district saved $1M in capital expenditures and expects to save $2.7M in the next 5 years. • Along with cost savings, the district benefits from improvement in student experience and ability to reinvest
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
This case study details how French bank Crédit Agricole have benefited from 25% cost savings by introducing new levels of IT agility, moving to a private cloud architecture in a risk-free manner, while convincing decision-makers of the merits of the new architecture.
Read about how Molina Healthcare managed to increase application performance and speed provisioning while reducing data centre footprint by implementing agile infrastructure to meet increased demand for services.
For decades, IT shops have operated in the same complex manner to deliver infrastructure and related support to the applications that run business. This ESG lab report examines a Vblock option that has “taken converged infrastructure to a whole new level,” adding value for the customer over the entire lifecycle by offloading expense and risk.
Executive teams have been focusing on accelerating virtualization and the shift in IT processes that it enables. This whitepaper serves as a guide for executives looking to strategically and seamlessly migrate popular applications, which are both complex and mission critical, to virtual infrastructure.
There are so many different options for cloud (online) storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo AX7 review: New looks, same old budget buy
- 2 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
- 3 Samsung Tab S4 review: Freestyle
- 4 Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- 5 Sony WF-SP900 review: One step forward, two steps back
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox gives its Pro and Business users a bit of extra space to work with
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- Seagate and Baidu sign strategic cooperation agreement for big data analysis
- Western Digital Announces Acquisition of Upthere
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
PCW Evaluation Team
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
- Everything we (already) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ and Galaxy F
- Want to play Apex Legends?
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?