This paper will discuss strategies for controlling a broad range of recreational Internet traffic such as instant messaging, P2P file downloads and social networking activities that can significantly slow business applications and impact employee productivity. By implementing a solution to effectively detect, classify and control recreational traffic, including encrypted P2P traffic designed to slip past corporate firewalls, organisations can improve employee productivity, accelerate application response times, reclaim bandwidth for business-critical applications and defer costly bandwidth upgrades. Read this whitepaper.
Increase the speed and efficiency of your wide area network. Exinda’s Integrated Application Assurance Suite delivers everything you need to manage your application performance and ensure the highest quality user experience for applications consumed over the WAN and Internet. Unlike conventional WAN Optimisation solutions that focus on acceleration only, Exinda delivers Assessment, Acceleration and Assurance capabilities within a single integrated offering to assure user experience for any application, anywhere at any time. Read more.
Networking isn’t about applications or technology — it’s about users. The business pressure to consolidate IT, support empowered users, and provide customised experiences to customers is stressing today’s architectures and reshaping networks. The old approach of building networks around applications is too static. Read more.
A key priority for Ryerson is to provide consistent access to network applications, which range from a public-facing web site to critical applications such as student registration and learning management. With students, faculty, and staff all vying for the same resources on the network (including as many as 5000 wireless users at any given time), Ryerson needed a way to provide a predictable user experience. Read more.
This white paper examines the growing performance gap that has emerged between the priorities and SLAs of distributed businesses and the ability of branch networks to support them.
From 2009 through early 2011 MLB Network connected to the outside world through dual 45-megabit DS3 circuits, but with as many as 1000 users during the baseball season transferring everything from video files to player statistics, the network had reached saturation. “We were seeing 98% utilisation on our routers then, and wanted to ensure we were prepared for the MLB First-Year Player Draft in June,” said MLB Network IT director Cindy Cortell. Read more.
Tranzqual is in the Industry Training Organisation responsible for setting world class training standards for the commercial road transport, passenger services, warehouse and logistics, fright forwarding, ports and stevedoring industries. The company works with a wide variety of companies with these industries including transport, bus. courier, taxi warehousing, logistics, ports and stevedoring companies to increase the skills and knowledge of their employees. Read more.
Companies that do not rise to the challenge of ensuring performance over complex networks find it increasingly difficult to compete in a virtualised, cloud based world. Organisations improve performance using several different technologies, which increases the complexity of performance management initiatives. The emerging nature of application deployment and consumption in today's business adds to this complexity. Now it is common for applications to be delivered via cloud based systems, both internal and public, and increasingly these applications are consumed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- TPTransformation Lead | Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCEnd to End Project ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Scrum MasterQLD
- FTPortfolio OfficerQLD
- FTLAMP Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCReporting Business AnalystACT
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA