CISOs and their security programs face nearly overwhelming pressure to take a renewed focus on data protection. The external forces of advanced threats and a multitude of compliance obligations, combined with the internal forces of new business initiatives, lead to a complex set of data protection requirements. These requirements are then overlaid on an explosion in the volume of data generated and a variety of locations where that data may reside. And if that’s not enough, the scope of data to be protected includes not only customer data, but internal data and system data as well. Read on.
If the fast pace of government and industry standards is any indication, IT teams will not get a break from compliance any time soon. To stay ahead of the game, you have to automate change auditing and configuration assessment in your physical and virtual environments and weave them into your organisation’s day-to-day security plan. Not only does this improve your security posture and ensure that gaps in protection are filled, but it also helps your organisation become more efficient by saving staffing and budget resources for more strategic projects.
This audio whitepaper discusses these important issues and provides IT security and compliance professionals a roadmap and practical advice for implementing an approach to compliance that helps overcome these issues. Read on.
A perfect storm is brewing, with increasingly complex, persistent cyber threats and more numerous and prescriptive compliance mandates to protect against them. In this white paper, learn how to ride out this storm with automated solutions that reduce threats, meet multi-compliance demands, and help pass audits.
Gaining a basic understanding of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a critical first step for PCI compliance efforts. In this paper, learn what it is, who must comply and by when, the penalties for non-compliance, and what new in version 2.0 of the PCI DSS released October 28, 2010.
Compliance is a fact of business life challenging organizations of all sizes. Simply ticking off boxes on audits is not enough to keep you secure in today's society. Read on.
Security “due diligence” can be reduced to the level prescribed by regulations such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is more common than ever. Unfortunately, the results of this flawed thinking include security breaches and other damaging events. Read on.
CISOs and their security programs face nearly overwhelming pressure to take a renewed focus on data protection. The external forces of advanced threats and a multitude of compliance obligations, combined with the internal forces of new business initiatives, lead to a complex set of data protection requirements. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- FTEnterprise Liferay DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTCitrix Designer / EngineerOther
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTITIL Change Management SpecialistOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTLevel 2 Application Support ConsultantQLD
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTProject Manager - ERPQLD
- FTLead Network EngineerOther
- CCCommercial & Public Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- CCBlack Belt - Improvement ManagerVIC