The North American division of Vizada is comprised of 125 seats across four locations and includes a number of mobile users. Until recently, Dave Newbern, manager of applications and infrastructure, and his corporate IT staff, were experiencing a huge onslaught of web-borne viruses and malware. Read more.
This story is becoming frustratingly old. Cyber threats are continuously advancing in their adaptability speed, sophistication, and degree of stealthiness. At the same time, the exposed footprint is expanding. More business operations are moving online and end-user devices—corporate-issued and user-owned—are expanding in number and variety. A reasonable question asked by executives responsible for making decisions on their organisations’ security budgets is whether their money and resources are being spent wisely. Are their businesses buying and using the best mix of security technologies to meet their needs and obligations? Read on.
Besides form factor, virtual systems are not really that different than physical systems. They both use the same operating systems and applications. They both present users with computing resources such as RAM and hard drives. Consequently, the ability to exploit vulnerabilities in a physical environment will present a significant threat to virtualised environments as well. This paper examines the different endpoint security methods for virtualised environments and presents how Endpoint Protection security provides optimal performance, protection and manageability.
Malware is at such high levels (more than 60 million unique samples per year) that protecting an endpoint with traditional antivirus software, has become futile. More than 100,000 new types of malware are now released every day, and antivirus vendors are racing to add new protection features to try to keep their protection levels up. Read more.
Endpoint Protection offers a revolutionary approach to endpoint malware protection. It brings together innovative file pattern and behaviour recognition technology with the power of cloud computing to stop known threats and prevent unknown zero-day attacks more effectively than anyone else. Read more.
PassMark Software® conducted objective performance testing on eight (8) security software products, on Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (64-bit) from December 2011 to January 2012. This report presents results and findings as a result of performance benchmark testing conducted for these endpoint security products. The aim of this benchmark was to compare the performance impact of Webroot’s SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection cloud product with seven (7) Traditional Endpoint Security competitor products. Rea more.
With the exponential growth and sophistication of malware today, the security industry can no longer afford to ‘bury its head in the sand’. The bottom line is that traditional endpoint security protection is now ineffective due to the sheer volume, quality, and complexity of malware. This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionisng endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionising endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
Gympie Regional Council in Queensland employs approximately 450 staff to provide infrastructure, programs and facilities for the community. With the implementation of Webroot’s email and web security services, the Council now has reliable protection against spam and viruses for staff and the general public who access the internet in the Council’s offices and public libraries. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst/Project Manager | PermanentQLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTHCM Project Manager & Service Implementation Manager - SAP HRNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- CCService DeskSA
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware and Applications Programmer (Java Developer)ACT