Anittel Group has provided managed technology and connectivity services to organisations for more than 15 years, expanding to become one of the world’s largest full-service, IT and telecommunications companies. Previously, Anittel deployed an in-built antivirus solution as part of its managed service offering, which addressed a number of its customers’ needs, except for individual malware infections, which occurred as often as a several times a week. In this case study, find out what they did to solve this problem.
As The Smith Family continues to evolve to meet the needs of the 21st Century, its usage of Internet applications to support its operations and communications has increased significantly. In response to this shift, The Smith Family’s Business Information Services team engaged Webroot’s Security as a Service (SaaS) solutions to strengthen the organisation’s information security safeguards and enable more productive use of the Internet. Read more.
Gympie Regional Council in Queensland employs approximately 450 staff to provide infrastructure, programs and facilities for the community. With the implementation of Webroot’s email and web security services, the Council now has reliable protection against spam and viruses for staff and the general public who access the internet in the Council’s offices and public libraries. Read more.
This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionising endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
As the Council operations are integral to the community, IT security and the smooth running of IT systems are imperative. However, the complex processes and limited capabilities of the Internet and email filtering system was costing Council many hours in IT maintenance, including installing updates and managing user queries. Any Internet and email system downtime detracted from the IT staff time available to support users. Read more.
PassMark Software® conducted objective performance testing on eight (8) security software products, on Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (64-bit) from December 2011 to January 2012. This report presents results and findings as a result of performance benchmark testing conducted for these endpoint security products. The aim of this benchmark was to compare the performance impact of Webroot’s SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection cloud product with seven (7) Traditional Endpoint Security competitor products. Rea more.
The North American division of Vizada is comprised of 125 seats across four locations and includes a number of mobile users. Until recently, Dave Newbern, manager of applications and infrastructure, and his corporate IT staff, were experiencing a huge onslaught of web-borne viruses and malware. Read more.
This paper reviews the business value of IT security, illustrates the business case for SaaS over “do it yourself” premise-based solutions, and outlines what to look for in SaaS solutions you can adopt with confidence and count on as you grow.
Flushing Bank is comprised of 16 different branches across New York State, 350 employees, and an increasingly mobile workforce. Recently, as the individual demands of those separate entities became more apparent, the Internet security appliance the bank had in place could no longer effectively keep up with compliance and data loss prevention demands. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTAgile Technical Business Analyst, Digital, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- CCBMC Remedy Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - Service Migration & DataNSW
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTERP Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- CCJunior Network Designer - Telco - GISVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- TPIT TrainerQLD
- FTSenior Development Expert – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyNSW
- FTSecurity Solution ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT