Any size organization can be a target, generally because of weak authentication. Password-only protection is simply too risky. In addition, stolen passwords were responsible for major thefts of records from Best Buy and Twitter. This paper will show why any size organization can be a target; and how the legal and threat environment—combined with BYOD and cost factors—make multi-factor, risk based authentication the logical approach to solving the problem.
With the number of new and emerging security products being denoted by analysts as the “silver bullet” solution, it is critical to recognize that there are many authentication choices available on the market. In this whitepaper, we look at what organisations must consider before making a final selection, specially their user authentication needs, the threats targeting their business, their business objectives and the regulatory guidelines that impact their industry.
The user authentication market is dominated by well-established, wide-focus vendors. Newer wide- and tight-focus vendors continue to offer enterprises sound alternatives across a range of use cases. In this whitepaper, we look at the marketplace to compare how vendors compare in their completeness of vision and their ability to execute.
Inside this report: Key characteristics of APTs, how enterprises are making themselves vulnerable, new approaches to information security, and seven defensive measures against escalating threats.
In our increasingly globalised environment, economies and enterprises are steadily becoming interrelated. Yet many key functions and departments the deal with related information and business processes remain siloed. The answer is to bring governance, risk management and compliance together in an integrated program where policies, data and controls are strategically managed and visible throughout the enterprise.
In this paper, ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATES® (EMA™) highlights how the RSA Solution for Cloud Security and Compliance offers such an approach. Centered on the well-accepted RSA Archer eGRC platform and enVision® platform technologies for security and compliance information and event management.
Security management needs to evolve to protect business, government, and individuals from growing cyber threats. This Paper outlines challenges facing security executives and teams and uses an “air traffic control system” analogy to show how advanced security management systems can deliver better security by providing a single point of visibility and coordination for physical, virtual, and cloud assets. Solutions are presented where business processes, policy, controls, and data work in concert to achieve the vision of an air traffic control system for information security.
In cloud environments, one of the most pervasive and fundamental challenges for organizations in demonstrating policy compliance is proving that the physical and virtual infrastructure of the cloud can be trusted – particularly when those infrastructure components are owned and managed by external service providers. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTSAP Release ManagerQLD
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- FTProject - PMO - ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTL1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTAgile Project Manager x 2NSW
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTITIL Change Management SpecialistOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperOther
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW