The CIO of any modern, mission-critical, enterprise data centre faces a raft of problems, especially concerning total cost of ownership (TCO) of the IT infrastructure, not only due to the inefficient use of the micro-processors used in that infrastructure, but also due to the energy wasted in operating the server platforms and cooling the IT environment. It is important to keep in mind that the CIO is not looking for just a better platform, but a better solution. Last year’s announcement of POWER7 was adopted readily by their base with as many as 3500 mission-critical data centres migrating from SPARC and Itanium to POWER. With this latest upgrade to the POWER7 architecture, IBM is redefining performance expectations for the IT infrastructure. They are enabling data centres to deliver enterprise applications and services faster than ever before, and at a lower cost. POWER is not going away anytime soon! If you are looking to reduce the TCO of your IT infrastructure and are concerned about your existing platforms, take a look at how IBM’s POWER7 servers raise the ceiling, again.
This white paper will highlight WebFOCUS Hyperstage, an effective and economical way for users of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS BI platform to achieve outstanding reporting and analytic performance – even in the face of expanding data volumes. Hyperstage is a query-optimized data store, embedded directly into the WebFOCUS environment. Read on.
Reactive decision-making, while successful in the past, has proven ineffective in recent times. Organisations can no longer wait to make critical choices after an opportunity arises or a problem is uncovered. They must take a more proactive approach to running their businesses by anticipating important changes, events, and trends, and taking action before they occur. Read on.
Today’s customer experience management (CEM) programs require the involvement and collaboration of all key stakeholders within the enterprise. Aberdeen Group believes that two of these stakeholders are the CIO and CMO, and they must be aligned to drive superior customer and corporate value.
Given the proliferation of external source-generated information, it's no wonder that stored data growth within the data centre now averages 50 - 80% on a compounded annual growth rate basis. This growth is only expected to accelerate - not decrease - and many enterprises should prepare to manage storage at the petabyte scale. This resource proposes a method for today's enterprise to handle this data - storage equipped for the petabyte scale. Check it out now to discover the attributes of a storage infrastructure that can be managed at the petabyte scale and learn how you can turn these attributes into concrete features of your storage.
In this paper we will review Oracle GoldenGate’s capabilities and how it can be used to achieve zero downtime migration and consolidation to Oracle Exadata. We will provide high-level implementation steps for migration with GoldenGate and a customer case study example.
There are four key characteristics that define big data: Volume, Velocity, Variety and Value. Volume and velocity aren't necessarily new problems for IT managers; these issues are just amplified today. The distinguishing characteristics of big data that do create new problems are the variety and low density value of the data. Learn more.
As business operations become more complex, the demand for change in IT increases accordingly, complete with associated risks that must be mitgrated. Today's It professionals are being asked to manage more information, and deliver that information to their users, with ever increasing quality of service, in a timely manner. And, in today's econimic climate, IT orgainisations are additionally tasked with reducing budgets and deriving greater value out of their exisiting investments.
This WinterCorp Executive Report provides an introduction to big data. The Report describes what big data really is and why big data is enabling new business opportunities. The Report then reviews requirements and describes the approach adopted by Oracle Corporation to provide its customers with enterprise class products for big data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New Collaboration for Fortinet
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- FTPHP Team LeadNSW
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCTechnical Team Lead/Application Developer Team Lead - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- CCSalesforce Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTAccount Business Management Officer/Operations ManagerACT
- FTIntegration AnalystNSW
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM DEVELOPER - BASELINE CLEARANCE REQUIRED - CANBERRAACT
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTTIBCO iProcess LeadOther