Messaging and collaboration platforms have emerged as mission critical applications, consuming a large portion of IT spending for organisations. The rich features in these applications have significantly changed the messaging requirements and needs of today’s information from anywhere with any device, the result is an ever increasing demand on storage systems both in terms of capacity and bandwidth. Many organisations are rethinking their storage strategies to meet the demanding criteria and to handle the future requirements. Read more.
In this whitepaper, IDC analyses the true return on investment for businesses using a consolidated approach to data protection, versus more siloed backup and archiving techniques. IDC conducted in-depth interviews with several organizations to gain insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy, both in terms of cost savings and productivity.
Read how VMware found infrastructure that could handle hundreds of thousands of low-latency IOPS to service over 2500 concurrent active virtual machines.
· The infrastructure solution had to provision and deprovision labs with no impact on active students
· Platform resiliency was crucial
· With four all-flash arrays, results involved high levels of consistent and predictable IOPS performance under demanding workload conditions
The next generation of application server solutions has arrived but will you recognise them when you see them? It’s time to take another look at how new technologies challenge the efficacy of traditional architectural approaches, beyond virtualisation and into the future.
As business operations become more complex, the demand for change in IT increases, along with the associated risks that must be mitigated. Today’s IT professionals are asked to manage more information and deliver it to their users in a timely manner with ever-increasing quality of service. And in today’s economic climate, IT must also reduce budgets and derive greater value out of existing investments. Read more.
This paper provides recommendations and best practices for optimizing virtualisation infrastructures when deploying the Oracle Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure. It covers deployment of software, hardware, storage, and network components and is intended to serve as a practical guide to help IT organisations get up and running quickly while maximising the benefits of Oracle VM.
As the era of “Big Data” marches on unabated, data is coming from an ever wider range of sources, including transactional systems, mobile devices, sensors, streaming media, and social networks. Businesses are looking for innovative ways to better leverage terabytes—and for some, petabytes—of information. Read more.
This whitepaper provides an overview of the evaluation process a Global Fortune 500 corporation completed to test the various features included in Oracle Advanced Compression Option, as well as the impact on space and performance they experienced.
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is an easy to deploy solution for hosting the Oracle Database that delivers the highest levels of database performance available. The Exadata Database Machine is a “cloud in a box” composed of database servers, Oracle Exadata Storage Servers, an InfiniBand fabric for storage networking and all the other components required to host an Oracle Database. Read more.
In today’s complex and ever changing IT landscape, organisations are finding themselves faced with a growing array of IT management challenges. With such an explosive growth in the number of databases, data volumes, and application requirements, management of database environments is becoming far more complex. The purpose of this database manageability and productivity cost comparison study is to provide IT decision makers with factual information to address these challenges.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry wins $815 million in overpaid royalty to Qualcomm
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Magento DeveloperVIC
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- CCService DeskSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD