After a series of acquisitions, the online travel booking business Wotif.com was running seven data centres – each with their own policies. While consolidating their environments into one, it needed have the ability to it’s protect data and endpoints in a heterogeneous environment. Find out the company met its needs whilst making a six figure saving in its infrastructure costs.
This paper provides a snapshot of what is happening in the arena of cloud computing. What are the benefits? Why are businesses embracing it? What does it mean to a business owner or executive? How does it affect the workplace? What are the payoffs and the pitfalls? Is it really ready for "prime time"?
For years, many support teams have been hamstrung by their traditional service desk platforms, which require complex, time-consuming coding for virtually every aspect of customisation. This paper can show how organisations can complete their initial deployments quickly, easily and adapt efficiently to the evolving needs of the business with Nimsoft Service Desk.
Because of the growing complexity of IT architecture, organisations need to think more strategically about their approach to license and asset management. In this whitepaper, we hear the insights from industry leaders and discuss five reasons why IT departments need a centralised, coordinated and proactive approach to license and asset management. Click to download!
IT infrastructure is the backbone of today's modern business. It enables rapid expansion into new, fast-growing markets. It is at the core of new customer services offerings such as mobile commerce. It is the key to successfully exploiting an explosion in data and data analytics within business processes.
This white paper discusses how virtualisation helps organizations around the globe turn their IT infrastructures into true competitive assets. We take a look at the challenges facing today’s organizations as they seek to implement the foundations of a virtualized infrastructure and present some best practices for these implementations. Read on.
Flash is quickly emerging as the preferred way to overcome the nagging performance limitations of hard disk drives. However, because flash comes at a significant price premium, outright replacement of HDDs with flash only makes sense in situations in which capacity requirements are relatively small and performance requirements are high. Learn how deployment approaches-including hybrid storage arrays, server flash, and all-flash arrays-that combine the performance of flash with the capacity of HDDs can be cost effective for a broad range of performance requirements.
Read how the University of Maryland University College boosted faculty and staff productivity by refreshing outdated computers and migrating to a standardized Windows 7 environment. • UMUC has the largest enrolment of any public university in the US and was one of the first universities in the US to offer online degree programs • The university operates a large distributed IT infrastructure with thousands of desktops • After upgrading its desktop environment, the number of help desk requests has fallen, and the volume of calls related to hardware failures has dropped significantly
As mobile workstyles reinvent the way people and businesses operate, IT organisations have never been in a better position to enable new levels of mobility, productivity and efficiency. Yet they are constrained by the high cost of their legacy endpoint environment, which prevents them from making strategic investments in innovation. In this whitepaper, we look at different case studies that have transformed their business by looking at solutions that deliver mobility within their existing budget. Click to download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manger - Global MarketsVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FTChange AnalystQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW