In this paper, we will discuss how cloud-based services, predictive analytics, social media analytics, big data, and mobile computing are combining to take business intelligence beyond traditional boundaries and transform the way critical decisions are made. We will also highlight Information Builders’ solutions and share two use cases, which demonstrate how two organisations – a law enforcement agency and a retailer – might use available tools and technologies to tap into the wealth of information available.
Many organisations today use a collection of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and applications to allow experts to gather information from a variety of sources, analyse it, and share it with managers and staff. However, ever-increasing business dynamics and increased competition means businesses now require a much higher level of value from their BI investments. BI must now help drive profitable growth, change, and many other operational and financial performance goals. Not only does BI need to deliver significant Return on Investment (ROI), but it also needs to be deployed in a manner that minimises Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Read more.
This white paper will highlight WebFOCUS Hyperstage, an effective and economical way for users of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS BI platform to achieve outstanding reporting and analytic performance – even in the face of expanding data volumes. Hyperstage is a query-optimized data store, embedded directly into the WebFOCUS environment. Read on.
Manufacturers rarely make a sudden strategic decision to implement an enterprise-wide BI solution. As with most other corporate investments, there’s usually a lightning-rod issue that triggers exploration and/or an acute need for BI capability. That’s usually an excellent focus with which to start a BI implementation. It’s also helpful to ensure that the urgent need meets vital parameters that will allow BI to succeed and grow into an enterprise-wide BI solution. It can be helpful to ask the following questions: (Read on.)
This paper discusses the most critical factors to consider when selecting a solution to support a mobile BI environment, covering such important items as functionality, security, administration, and usability. Read now.
Oracle Real-Time Decisions adds significant new capabilities to all your customer-contact applications, allowing you to decisively increase your Return on Customer Attention. Oracle Real-Time Decisions uses a combination of your explicitly defined business rules and automatically identified statistical information to deliver the best possible content to your customers for every single interaction. Read more.
Business Intelligence on the cloud represents the coming together of two key information technology trends – evolution of the cloud computing architecture as a cost effective, quick and efficient computing platform and use of business intelligence technology to reduce cost, gain insight and improve the quality and speed of business decisions. Read more.
CIOs have never been as business-focused as they are today, often ranking IT investments that contribute to the top-line above other investments. However, despite tightening budgets, CIOs are also investing in future performance. Read more.
Businesses are feeling increasing pressure to reap the value of their data. With the ability to analyse data in real time, they can make business decisions that give them a competitive edge. But real-time business intelligence and real-time analytics involve more than how quickly data is accessed. This IT Briefing describes the three dimensions of real-time analytics and how Oracle can help businesses overcome the challenges associated with each of them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTTechnical Services AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst / Advisor - Content & Collaboration - SharePointNSW
- CCProgram DirectorQLD
- CCF5 Operational Support EngineerWA
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSplunk EngineerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTReporting, Analytics and Insights Analyst - $62 p/hrOther
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Technology & EngineeringOther
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTSplunk Engineer - starting next yearACT
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTHead of Quality AssuranceNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Analyst. 12 month contract.NSW