Companies worldwide are actively deploying SOA infrastructures using web services, both in intranet and extranet environments. While web services offer many advantages over traditional alternatives (e.g., distributed objects or custom solutions), deploying networks of interconnected web services still presents key challenges, especially in terms of security. Read more.
Enterprises adopting business process management (BPM) software have wide-ranging needs, from highly dynamic task management to complex, high-volume processing with a focus on straight-through automation and the ability to rapidly detect exceptions. This IDC MarketScape focuses on what we call business process (BP) platforms, which are optimized to support midrange to more complex use cases.
Whether your organisation’s service-oriented architecture (SOA) has 50 services being used by one customer, or 50 customers using one service, you need SOA governance; increased business agility depends on it. SOA governance provides the ability to quickly and continuously translate and transmit business strategy and requirements into the processes, policies, and controls that will guide the evolution of your infrastructure and your enterprise. Read more.
Understanding complex service dependencies, monitoring consumer expectations, and controlling service ownership costs are the biggest barriers to effectively managing service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications and infrastructure. To overcome these challenges, administrators need solutions that increase service visibility and production assurance while lowering the cost and complexity of managing SOA environments. Read more.
This report takes an early look at Oracle BPM Suite 11g, and shows that it indeed goes a long way toward delivering BPM without barriers. Oracle BPM Suite, part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, brings together business-driven design and robust human-centric BPM with all the IT infrastructure capabilities you would expect from Oracle
For decades business process management was limited to only the ability to document processes. As the means to document processes technologically improved so did the potential to use technology to manage more aspects of the process. Over the years vendor specialists built tools to simplify a subset of the overall complex process like workflow, or enterprise application integration. Business process management suite software introduced the promise of a comprehensive solution to manage all enterprise processes and to do so with greater efficiency. Read more.
Business Process Management (BPM) is an approach to aligning business strategy with execution. In this paper, we discuss common BPM adoption patterns and best-practices across different industries to illustrate the value of BPM in terms Efficiency, Visibility and Agility.
Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g simplifies achieving process management success with a complete solution for all types of processes by providing a unified process foundation, user-centric design, and social BPM interaction. Read more.
An increasing number of companies are looking at Web Services and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) as a blueprint and set of standards for addressing the integration requirements involved in building composite applications. BPEL (Business Process Execution Language) and Web services standards have solved this problem by addressing common application requirements in an open, portable and standard way. SOA enables business agility by maximising existing resources while minimising the cost of deploying new applications. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
PCW Evaluation Team
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- FTSQL DBA SpecialistVIC
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) SpecialistNSW