Cloud is now largely viewed by enterprise customers as a viable, sometimes necessary path to outsourcing and service delivery and is a strategic, mobile, and integrated platform which reduces short term IT costs and ensures long term savings. This document focuses on the trends that are driving decision-making on cloud including the growing connection between cloud, mobility, and data; cloud services governance and integration; and continuing development of cloud ecosystems among vendors. Learn how and why companies are deploying cloud services while managing security and compliance, and read how vendors are striving to become more innovative to meet new client needs.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud.
From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity.
Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
When considering whether or not to move to the cloud, there’s many questions you need to consider, and it’s unlikely that any single vendor will provide all the answers. This whitepaper provides your organisation a detailed list of security considerations to discuss both internally and with transparent vendors. Finding the right answers will help you develop a proper risk assessment and make informed decisions about cloud computing in your business.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
PCW Evaluation Team
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTIT Systems Engineer - move to Tasmania!VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTIT Systems AdministratorOther
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - JavaOther
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery ExecutiveOther
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTExecutive AssistantACT
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsOther
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractOther
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- CCSplunk - Technical AnalystVIC