Advanced Persistent Threats strive to remain undetected in the network in order to gain access to the valuable data. Once in, it can be an arduous task for system administrators to detect any malicious activity in the network. In this whitepaper, we look at the methods used for malicious activity and what efforts can be taken to mitigate the problem.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that aggressively pursue and chosen targets that over time attempt to get deeper into their network. For Enterprises, this is a high priority threat as human and systemic weaknesses can be mitigated with correct practices and solutions. In this report we look at targeted attack campaigns and how these can be mitigated.
The City of Rockingham is the second largest city in Western Australia with more than 100,000 residents. They needed a cost effective solution to identify and take swift aversive action against cyber threats that enter their network or those that come-in via their growing number of Public Access Points – used by a myriad of wireless access devices. Download to find out how they met this business challenge.
‘Security intelligence’ is a term that is commonly used within the information security community, but one that often lacks clarity and definition. In this market review by Forrester, we look at the growth of security-as-a-service (SAAS) solutions and the challenges in implementing this change. Click to download.
Security intelligence, built upon the same concepts that have made business intelligence an essential enterprise technology, is the critical next step for organizations that recognize the importance of information security to their business health. In this white paper, we discuss how security intelligence address these shortcomings and empower organisations, from Fortune Five companies and mid-size enterprises to government agencies, to maintain comprehensive and cost-effective information security. Read now.
Over the past year, the IT security space has had numerous mainstream headlines. From the discovery of sophisticated toolkits with ominous names like Flame to cross-platform zero-day vulnerabilities, both consumers and corporations were inundated with advisories and alerts regarding emerging threats. The frequency of data breaches and incidents, continue their upward trajectory and have already hit new highs in 2011. Click to download!
Advanced persistent threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that pertain to computer intrusions by threat actors that aggressively pursue and compromise chosen targets. APTs are often conducted in campaigns, which consist of a series of failed and successful attempts over time to get deeper and deeper into a target’s network and are therefore not isolated incidents. Download to find out more!
Today, many security practitioners do not acknowledge that there are advanced threats that have bypassed their security protection techniques and reside undetected on their systems. In this whitepaper, we look at how research will enable security practitioners to understand these new threats and steps they must take in order to reduce the risk of being compromised. Click to download.
Three years ago, few people outside of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) or other military/intelligence organisations had heard of Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs). Now these kinds of targeted cyber attacks have become routine with discussion extending across the technology, business, and mainstream media. In this whitepaper, we look at exactly are APTs and what enterprise organisations are doing to defend themsleves. Read more!
As The Smith Family continues to evolve to meet the needs of the 21st Century, its usage of Internet applications to support its operations and communications has increased significantly. In response to this shift, The Smith Family’s Business Information Services team engaged Webroot’s Security as a Service (SaaS) solutions to strengthen the organisation’s information security safeguards and enable more productive use of the Internet. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- FTSenior Development Expert – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- CCManual and Automation TesterQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- TPProcurement Specialist - ITQLD
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCAudio-Visual DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther