Webroot commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a survey study of 161 North American and European IT security decision-makers. The purpose of the study is to understand the current state of endpoint security strategies across enterprises and SMBs, as well as identify key trends and market directions for endpoint security. This study took a detailed look at how organisations deploy endpoint security products, their common practices, pain points, and challenges.
Cloud computing has fundamentally changed the way businesses and consumers use computers and technology and the way Information Technology (IT) professionals manage those resources. While the cloud has delivered a multitude of benefits to technical and non-technical people alike, there have also been significant downsides to reliance on cloud technology, including unplanned outages and even outright cyberattacks and data theft.
Malware is at such high levels (more than 60 million unique samples per year) that protecting an endpoint with traditional antivirus software, has become futile. More than 100,000 new types of malware are now released every day, and antivirus vendors are racing to add new protection features to try to keep their protection levels up. Read more.
Endpoint Protection offers a revolutionary approach to endpoint malware protection. It brings together innovative file pattern and behaviour recognition technology with the power of cloud computing to stop known threats and prevent unknown zero-day attacks more effectively than anyone else. Read more.
Face it, your current endpoint security software is slow, heavy and you wonder if it causes more problems than it solves. Meanwhile you have to keep up with a number of new challenges — from a more mobile workforce to more malicious malware. Read more.
In this whitepaper, we look at ten essential steps in creating an effective action plan to defend against targeted attacks and APTs. These steps will help you to consider your current situational awareness, level of preparation and operative ability to ward off a persistent attacker. For more, click to download
The Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations (RFDSWO) provides a 24-hour emergency service to those who live, work, and travel in rural and remote areas of Western Australia (WA) and the Indian Ocean Territories. As a staff benefit, RFDSWO allows staff to use their computers for both corporate and personal use. This unrestricted access has the potential to leave the 302 desktops and laptops shared among 430 staff, exposed to more threats and infections than in a typical corporate environment. Click to find out how they resolve this issue.
With the exponential growth and sophistication of malware today, the security industry can no longer afford to ‘bury its head in the sand’. The bottom line is that traditional endpoint security protection is now ineffective due to the sheer volume, quality, and complexity of malware. This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionisng endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry wins $815 million in overpaid royalty to Qualcomm
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- TPLevel 1-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTDashboard Developer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- CCData Migration Lead | Recruitment Focus | DocklandsVIC