Everybody has logs and ultimately will have to deal with them. In this guide, Dr. Anton Chuvakin analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management for a new solution. · Security information and event management (SIEM) emerged in the 1990s, but it has always been controversial · This paper analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management, focusing on technical differences, uses and architecting joint deployments · Dr Chuvakin provides recommendations for companies that have deployed log management or SIEM so they can plot their roadmap for enhancing deployment
Cloud computing introduces new security challenges for both consumers and providers of cloud services across all types of IT environments. CA’s strategy and vision outlines how to securely provision users, and choose & simplify an IAM deployment models.
Smart companies use DevOps to speed the rollout and quality of new apps and services to market. Read this report to see the findings from a survey of 1300 global IT leaders, including the real benefits a good DevOps strategy can bring to your business.
Smart companies use DevOps to speed the rollout and quality of new apps and services to market. See the findings from a survey of 1300 global IT leaders in this snack-sized infographic including the real benefits a good DevOps strategy can bring to your business.
With the agility and intelligence provided by their management tools, Columbia sportswear is transforming IT to be much more service oriented in fulfilling business requests and delivering resources as needed. It’s allowing IT to “never say no” with an infrastructure that can handle nearly any project that comes through the door.
Applications and services are made up of more components and integrations today, than they were a few years ago. Development is pressed to deliver more functionality, faster, focusing on small, incremental changes, using agile methodologies and tools. In this whitepaper, we look at how application release automation is the only way to gain true control of a complex matrix of applications, releases and environment variations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerACT
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Learning & Teaching environmentVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect/ Technical LeadQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAS400 / iSeries EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCPega DeveloperVIC