QBE insurance group met the challenge of swiftly deploying a desktop virtualization solution, after practically outsourcing its entire IT department overnight. Read their story to learn how to allow users a comfortable desktop while ensuring that IT can maintain control.
A success story by one of Australia’s largest owners and managers of quality real estate, read about how Investa Property Group became more agile and responsive, while improving user experience with their comprehensive desktop solution.
This infographic details the effects a new operating system that has solved desktop problems for more than 700,000 healthcare professionals, 1.8 million financial service users, 250,000 education users, over 300,000 pharmaceutical users and 1.7 million public sector users on more than 6 million end points.
Many firms are acutely aware of the risks associated with lost or unrecoverable data on employee devices, including desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Companies simply cannot overlook the consequences of public exposure that would likely result if sensitive data is lost, stolen, compromised or cannot be located. This white paper explores the challenges associated with safeguarding data and opening up universal access for distributed desktop and laptop systems residing at the edge of an organization's IT infrastructure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTPractice Director Development – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- TPSAP Training Officer - FinanceQLD
- FTFinance Manager / Finance Lead - CPA qualifiedOther
- FTIT Systems EngineerOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- TPGateway SpecialistACT
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager - TechnologyACT
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC