Advanced Persistent Threats strive to remain undetected in the network in order to gain access to the valuable data. Once in, it can be an arduous task for system administrators to detect any malicious activity in the network. In this whitepaper, we look at the methods used for malicious activity and what efforts can be taken to mitigate the problem.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) refer to a category of threats that aggressively pursue and chosen targets that over time attempt to get deeper into their network. For Enterprises, this is a high priority threat as human and systemic weaknesses can be mitigated with correct practices and solutions. In this report we look at targeted attack campaigns and how these can be mitigated.
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
As small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) take advantage of the compelling benefits of the transformations in their IT computing infrastructure they should also re-think how they deal with the corresponding vulnerabilities, threats and risks. Specifically, email security, web security and secure file sharing should be considered foundational security capabilities for every small and mid-sized business, in addition to anti-virus and firewalls.
Organisations strive for leverage to drive down costs, improve business agility and benefit from increased automation and efficiency. In order to deliver performance, organisations compete on how best to remove the barriers of virtualisation and migrate their applications, while managing the associated complexity and risk. Read more to find how a focus of reference architecture delivers your goals.
This paper will discuss strategies for controlling a broad range of recreational Internet traffic such as instant messaging, P2P file downloads and social networking activities that can significantly slow business applications and impact employee productivity. By implementing a solution to effectively detect, classify and control recreational traffic, including encrypted P2P traffic designed to slip past corporate firewalls, organisations can improve employee productivity, accelerate application response times, reclaim bandwidth for business-critical applications and defer costly bandwidth upgrades. Read this whitepaper.
In this Endpoint Buyers Guide, we examine the top vendors according to market share and industry analysis: Kaspersky Lab, McAfee, Sophos, Symantec and Trend Micro. Each vendor’s solutions are evaluated according to: Product features and capabilities, Effectiveness, Performance, Usability, Data protection and Technical support.
Walls have served multiple purposes throughout history. The Great Wall of China defended against invaders, while the Berlin Wall kept citizens from freely traveling beyond the control of their rulers. Network security relies on similar premises. For years network security professionals touted “perimeter security” as the primary solution to keep the bad guys out and the good guys in. However, just as guns and air attacks overcame protective walls, changes in malware attacks have rendered network firewalls and perimeter-centric security an ineffective defense.
While the next-generation firewall (NGFW) is well defined by Gartner as something new, enterprisefocused, and distinct, many network security vendors are claiming NGFW is a subset of other functions (e.g. UTM or IPS). Most traditional network security vendors are attempting to provide application visibility and control by using a limited number of application signatures supported in their IPS or other external database. But underneath, these capabilities are poorly integrated and their products are still based on legacy port-blocking technology, not NGFW technology. Read on.
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review: a Nazi-stomping shooter that's more than the sum of its parts
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDigital ProducerQLD
- TPProject Manager - IT SecurityQLD
- FTProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM ARCHITECT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- CCMid - Level SAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital/WealthOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther
- FTProcurement AdvisorACT
- CCProject Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- FTData ModellingACT
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- TPTechnical Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCSenior Data governance consultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- FTSecurity System AnalystOther
- FTTechnology Project CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTHead of Engineering - FrontendNSW
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther