By taking advantage of ready-to- use virtual services and environments, you can significantly expedite new projects, reduce dependency on IT teams and create an environment for business agility. •Executives often employ business process management (BPM), to enhance agility •BPM uses software and services to identify, document, automate and continuously improve business processes •Address customer and IT-related challenges more effectively and help transform your enterprise to a BPM-focused, globally integrated organisation
This infographic based on research by IDC details how businesses in Australia, Pacific and Japan can come out on top against tremendous pressure to reduce capital expenses, while maximising existing investments and improving utilisation and efficiency. • APJ businesses suffer longer retention periods, increased scrutiny of stored data and the need for greater leverage, storage and protection • 81% companies lack recovery confidence, while 71% have experienced data loss in last year • Overarching storage management services add value and the oversight the business needs, with average cost savings of US$2.6 million annually
This ESG study focuses on why, when it comes to data protection, visibility is the most significant key to success, and how to achieve a truly unified view. · According to the 2013 IT Spending Intentions Survey, improving data backup and recovery was the #2 most important IT priority selected by respondents
· Without far reaching visibility, infrastructure is guaranteed to miss backing up some servers, while potentially duplicating protection of others
· The clarity gained by a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection to stakeholders and compliance to auditors
Enterprise initiatives designed to facilitate mobility can deliver important benefits to your organisation. This paper suggests best practices for selecting the right devices and implementing the most effective management solutions
• Employees need devices that match preferences while meeting business and IT requirements • You must determine which devices to allow/recommend as part of a choose-your-own-device (CYOD) or member purchase plan (MPP) • IT groups need a solution that can support new technologies that may emerge in the future
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This whitepaper focuses on relevant solutions with an extensive overview of features for comparison. • The paper discusses Application and Desktop Delivery in the mobile world • Details challenges of the consumerisation of IT and BYO in tomorrow’s workspace • Explains the different Mobile Managements concepts, including the pros and cons
In this report, UXC Connect’s Steve Saunders describes a real-life case study where a major services organisation overcame the challenge of managing diversity across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments. • For historical reasons, many large organisations put more effort into support than they should • A common challenge is managing diversity by creating commonality across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments • The solution involves centralised remote management and standardised technical support and maintenance arrangements
With the agility and intelligence provided by their management tools, Columbia sportswear is transforming IT to be much more service oriented in fulfilling business requests and delivering resources as needed. It’s allowing IT to “never say no” with an infrastructure that can handle nearly any project that comes through the door.
Looking for guidance on how to properly conduct tests prior to launching any email campaign? This whitepaper discusses important areas for campaign managers to test; the best approaches to managing the testing process, seven key pitfalls to avoid, and specific testing best practice for marketers. The sooner you define and implement your testing program, the sooner you will be positioned to send meaningful communications to your customers through the channels they prefer. The more you test, the more you learn and the more you sell.
Following the Big Data explosion, organizations are left grappling with how best to retain, access, discover and ultimately delete content in compliance with evolving regulations. Legal teams are now tasked with making accommodations for Big Data in the already expensive eDiscovery process. All this data can be a huge asset, but without a modern management strategy, it can also be a huge liability. This white paper demonstrates why an holistic approach to information management means big benefits in cost reduction and risk management for legal and compliance teams.
Business executives are challenging their IT staffs to convert costly data centres into producers of business value. Only with higher visibility, more control and improved automation of reporting systems can help deliver on this commitment. Holistic management capabilities available today can enable data centre professionals to maximize their capacity to control their energy costs and to advise the business on how to utilize IT assets more effectively. This paper demonstrates how data centre infrastructure management (DCIM) software tools can simplify operational processes, cut costs, and speed up information delivery.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to secure your CMS without patching
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork & System SpecialistNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperWA
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- FTOnsite Helpdesk TechnicianOther
- FTLead Network EngineerOther
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTPerformance TesterSA
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTC# DeveloperOther
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTSAP ABAP DEVELOPMENT LEAD- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Microsoft SQL DesignerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Orchestration SpecialistNSW