Developing effective private cloud management and implementation plans is a top priority for many IT decision makers. Highly integrated management environments can monitor and optimize complex, heterogeneous private cloud applications, while infrastructure can provide IT staff with self-service provisioning capabilities and tools to automate many routine processes and workflows. This white paper discusses industry-wide views on private cloud management trends and priorities, while case studies highlight the benefits of using enhanced architecture and highlight the lessons learned.
The user authentication market is dominated by well-established, wide-focus vendors. Newer wide- and tight-focus vendors continue to offer enterprises sound alternatives across a range of use cases. In this whitepaper, we look at the marketplace to compare how vendors compare in their completeness of vision and their ability to execute.
The rapidly expanding field of Information Governance, encompassing all aspects policies, processes and controls of the effective management of information within an organisation, has at its heart a requirement to understand the information that is travelling within it in order to adequately protect it. In this whitepaper, we look at the next generation of Data Loss Prevention solutions, and how they operate within a set governance framework.
With the challenges of sovereign debt, economic malaise, youth unemployment, resource scarcity, we may need to rethink and rebuild many of the organisations and industries that have served us well for decades, but have reached the end of their life cycles. In this report we discuss the new approaches in mass collaboration and how new innovations will change the face of today's workplace.
In this whitepaper, we look at how new collaboration tools enable global executives to get more out of teams and make faster decisions. However, these teams feel restricted by outdated communication methods that lead to slower decision making and ultimately wasted time and money. Download to hear from the most enthusiastic adopters of collaboration tools and the benefits they have seen in their workplace.
Because of the growing complexity of IT architecture, organisations need to think more strategically about their approach to license and asset management. In this whitepaper, we hear the insights from industry leaders and discuss five reasons why IT departments need a centralised, coordinated and proactive approach to license and asset management. Click to download!
As radical innovations in technology are increasing the importance of IT in achieving a company's core business objectives, the role of IT professionals are increasingly becoming more important. In this Economist Intelligence Union survey, we look at the predominant challenges faced by CIOs and the need for them to be more strategic in their thinking, rather than just focusing on operational matters. Click to download!
A key success factor for projects is accurate estimation. However, poor estimation ability remains one of the most cited problems that organizations face today. Poor estimation is the leading cause of project delays; continued crisis mode operation; resources being shifted haphazardly; and other common business risks. In this whitepaper, find out the top 10 tips for better project estimations!
Over 9.5 million people in Australia now use Facebook. The main purpose may be social, however the tool offers real opportunity for today’s businesses. Conversely, social media usage at the workplace can either dent productivity or reveal a competitive edge. Download to investigate the pros and cons of employee use of this tool.
Businesses, whether regional shops or global multi-nationals, are increasingly turning to external managed IT services providers for everything from email to archiving to ERP. For all the momentum and growth in the managed services segment, however, deciding when and where to outsource is not straightforward. This paper offers some practical guidance into determining whether outsourcing makes sense, key criteria for finding the right provider, and some fundamental steps to getting outsourcing relationships started on the right track.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerWA
- FTSoftware Tech Lead | C++ | Trading | Market ConnectivityOther
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- TPSenior Server Engineer/System AdministratorWA
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- TPService Desk AnalystACT
- CCKnowledge/CSI ManagerACT
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPTest ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- FTService Desk Consultant/ Customer Service SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork Architect - CiscoQLD
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW