A key success factor for projects is accurate estimation. However, poor estimation ability remains one of the most cited problems that organizations face today. Poor estimation is the leading cause of project delays; continued crisis mode operation; resources being shifted haphazardly; and other common business risks. In this whitepaper, find out the top 10 tips for better project estimations!
Backup and recovery has become fundamental part of business and an essential element of information management. Information is useless to customers, employees, or business partners can't access it when it is needed. Availability and integrity of information, of the lack of, can directly impact revenues and profits - as well as company reputations. Read more.
Like a civil engineering endeavor or sizable construction project, implementing an enterprise-wide application like an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to help run your business is a costly and complex process. And just as would be the case with any significant undertaking, success is not a given. A certain amount of planning, discipline and wisdom are required to complete implementation in a timely manner and to make sure that the new enterprise system put into place meets the requirements of your business.
Managing enterprise IT is no simple task. However, when it comes to critical applications and capabilities that impact end users and influence business results, the need for visibility into and across IT systems is critical. A key component of operating a successful IT infrastructure is application performance management (APM), for which business transaction management (BTM) plays an important role in ensuring a positive end-user experience. APM essentially creates a best-practice model that helps organizations focus on end-to-end monitoring, measuring and resolution of end-user problems. Read on.
The data explosion continues unabated in Australia. Like most global economies, Australian businesses are experiencing explosive data growth, and those without a comprehensive data and information management strategy potentially face a list of challenges. The Australian market is strongly represented by small and medium-sized companies (SMBs), and this IDC White Paper explores today's storage challenges and how a universal approach to storage provides efficiency gains for this market segment.
As radical innovations in technology are increasing the importance of IT in achieving a company's core business objectives, the role of IT professionals are increasingly becoming more important. In this Economist Intelligence Union survey, we look at the predominant challenges faced by CIOs and the need for them to be more strategic in their thinking, rather than just focusing on operational matters. Click to download!
To evaluate the possible cost savings a federal agency might expect from migrating to the cloud, in this study Darrell M. West reviews past studies, undertake case studies of government agencies that have made the move, and discuss the future of cloud computing.
From online financial transactions to e-commerce to product development, SSL Certificates make it possible for users around the world to communicate sensitive information with the confidence that it is safe from malicious hackers. This white paper will present the pitfalls associated with poor SSL Certificate management, why they are potentially dangerous to the enterprise, and how enterprises can keep track of SSL Certificates effectively
People, process, and technology. These are the three pillars of change management that Ravi TNC identifies in his article about centers of excellence. Indeed, in this third edition of the Journal of Management Excellence, we again focus on how to organize for management excellence. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject OfficerSA
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- FTLead API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- CCManual and Automation TesterQLD
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- FTMaster Agent - Key Sunshine Coast territoryQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTTeam Leader/Assistant Director Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)ACT
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTSoftware Tech Lead | C++ | Trading | Market ConnectivityOther
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTOperations and Infrastructure Manager -NationalOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther