This whitepaper contains case study research by Forrester consulting focused on continuous availability and the total economic impact of deploying EMC technology
The study provides readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of EMC technology on their organisations
To better understand the benefits, costs and risks associated with deploying the technology, Forrester interviewed four current EMC customers.
Research also revealed how to minimize downtime, improve asset utilisation and load balancing, while increasing efficiency in data migration and hardware maintenance
This whitepaper focuses on IDC research into twelve different organisations the benefits of relying on a consolidated approach to protecting backup and archive data.
These interviews provided valuable insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy
IDC analyzed the data from three interviews and compared the results with data and insights from nine other interviews conducted previously
Customer benefits realized include strong ROI and annual savings, IT staff productivity optimization, and end-user productivity improvement
This white paper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and their resulting trade-offs and limitations. It determines that by thinking with random, rather than sequential I/O in mind, you can find the opportunities to improve enterprise storage systems.
In this whitepaper, IDC analyses the true return on investment for businesses using a consolidated approach to data protection, versus more siloed backup and archiving techniques. IDC conducted in-depth interviews with several organizations to gain insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy, both in terms of cost savings and productivity.
Getting the best ROI on every IT dollar spent is the top priority for almost every business, but the demand placed on an infrastructure to deliver an increased number of transactions is growing exponentially. This whitepaper details how organizations that leverage advanced solutions will benefit from an efficient, agile, easy-to-manage, and scalable storage infrastructure.
Use this infographic to introduce yourself to Social Relationship Management (SRM). With this step-by-step guide, you'll learn how to engage with social fans, develop and monetize those relationships, and deliver ROI over the long term.
Now that the dust has settled from the initial cloud excitement, IT's main task in delivering reliable services in a cost-effective way remains unchanged. However IT services are expected to consume services from in-house IT departments the same way they do from cloud providers - with their speed, agility and flexibility. In this whitepaper, we look at how others meet this demand. Click to download!
IT organizations around the globe are in search of technological solutions that address their increasingly complex business challenges. Many of these challenges have come from the need for instant gratification from highly mobile, interactive, and always-connected consumers and users. Organisations are transforming their traditional IT models into an optimal blend of private and public cloud services along with traditional IT to achieve greater organisational agility, flexibility, and cost-efficiency. Click to find out how!
As IT’s traditional role of providing infrastructure services is evolving to acting as a broker and consumer of other services from third-party cloud environments, IT performance will quickly result on delivering the right service from the right place at the right time. As IT can extend its existing premises-based best practice to external cloud providers, it can ensure that the process is done according to company policies with little disruption to existing operations. Click to find out more.
Driven by the growth and the adoption of run book automation, broader uses of IT process automation (ITPA) promise to mitigate IT operations risk, reduce costs, reduce complexity and increase operational efficiency. ITPA should not only be viewed as an add-on to existing tools, and it shouldn't be seen as just another IT management tool. But, rather it is a new IT operations management paradigm requiring new skills, organisational design, investment and support. Unless it is upfront in its architecture, it will result in unrealised value, additional costs and complexity. In this whitepaper, we provide best practices to ensure that automation value is achieved. Download now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Integration OfficerQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerQLD
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTChange ManagerQLD
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD