The commoditisation of the cloud, widespread adoption of mobile devices as replacements for computers, and the growth of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) in the enterprise give rise to a security landscape that is significantly different than what IT departments have traditionally encountered. Learn more as thought leaders identify key trends & top IT security drivers for the year ahead.
Bringing your own device to work — BYOD — is not something that an enterprise’s IT organisation has to plan for in the future. The truth about BYOD is that in most organisations, it’s not an emerging trend — it’s already been happening for quite some time. Read this report now to learn about how Australian IT Executives and business leaders are using mobility to generate value within their businesses.
Over 9.5 million people in Australia now use Facebook. The main purpose may be social, however the tool offers real opportunity for today’s businesses. Conversely, social media usage at the workplace can either dent productivity or reveal a competitive edge. Download to investigate the pros and cons of employee use of this tool.
Social networking has revolutionised the way in which companies communicate with potential customers and suppliers. However, the use of social-networking tools by a company and its employees gives rise to a number of risks of which businesses should be aware. Read more.
The purpose of this Policy is not to stop an individual from using these SMAS but to encourage the use of them in a manner which does not cause offence and which protects them and the company from risks. Read more.
This policy applies to your use, access and disclosure of messages composed, sent or received using your computer systems and/or internet use. The policy aims to protect our business systems for our mutual benefit and applies to both internal and external communications and to all employees who work for us. Read more.
There have been numerous high profile stories in the press where social media has been instrumental in not only causing public chaos and destruction, Unless an employer is fully aware of and alive to the potential uses and misuses of social media, it will not be able to detect it or prevent it. Read more.
Business leaders understand the value proposition of the social web. CIOs know the risks. Flexible policies and context-aware content inspection mean you no longer need to choose between free flowing communications or unacceptable risk. Read more.
This whitepaper introduces EMC Fully Automated Storage Tiering for Virtual Pools (Fast VP) technology and describes its features and implementation. Details on how to work with the product in the Uniphere operating environment are discussed, and usage guidance and major customer benefits are also included.
This resource provides a clear description of the developments over the last decade in harnessing the wild proliferation of digital content in a modern corporate environment. From creation at the keyboard to mobile cameras, from email and the early Web through to interactive social media, from word search to retrieval in context and from isolated business process solutions through to enterprise-wide fully integrated collaborative systems, this volume is the guidebook to the technology necessary to the knowledge organization.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Rail , Develop Strategy. Need RISI cardOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- CCLevel 1 Service deskNSW
- FTRigger TechniciansOther
- CCJanusgraph Consultant - Telco industryVIC
- CCGIS ESRI DeveloperWA
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTNetwork PlannerOther
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- FTChange Manager, Business RelocationsOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- CCAssociate Project Manager - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- TPMicrosoft Cloud Infrastructure Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSnr Information Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTelecommunications Field Engineer (x2)WA
- CCSenior Process SpecialistNSW