This paper explains why, with big data, it’s not about the type, amount or speed of data, but rather what we do with that data and the speed at which we do it.
• Business intelligence reports and dashboards simply won’t give you with the level of detail and agility you need • Analytics can help gain a competitive advantage, but developing analytics maturity will help sustain that • This paper walks through each step of the analytics maturity journey, providing insights into the capabilities and tools to consider
A growing number of organisations are using off the shelf technologies to stretch application processing and data access for continuous application and availability. This paper describes how deployment models for applications work.
Enterprises are consolidating high availability and data recovery practices and technologies to achieve continuous availability that provides users with uninterrupted access to data and applications
The right solution provides data coherency across distance for simultaneous access to the same data in multiple locations
Organisations need to be able to trust that the data and applications it depends on will continues to be available and operate, through both planned and unplanned outages
This infographic based on research by IDC details how businesses in Australia, Pacific and Japan can come out on top against tremendous pressure to reduce capital expenses, while maximising existing investments and improving utilisation and efficiency. • APJ businesses suffer longer retention periods, increased scrutiny of stored data and the need for greater leverage, storage and protection • 81% companies lack recovery confidence, while 71% have experienced data loss in last year • Overarching storage management services add value and the oversight the business needs, with average cost savings of US$2.6 million annually
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions.
· Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business
· IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies
· The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
Top 5 reasons why EMC for archiving This whitepaper provides the top five reasons why organisations looking for the best-of-breed archive software and protection storage for a true end-to-end archive solution. · Archiving inactive data from tier-1 storage is a key way to save big
· Eliminate siloes for administration savings, while maximising overall storage efficiency, typically reducing archive and backup capacity required by 10-30x.
· Archiving solution that allows you to add virtual and physical servers to meet new demands
If you're like most businesses, data loss is not an option. That's why you need a protection strategy for your VNX that includes backup. This whitepaper details the best options out there for enhanced data protection.
For backup to be protection of the last resort, it must reside on reliable and cost- effective protection storage.
With the industry's most efficient deduplication, you can store months of backups on disk and quickly recover the data you need when you need it.
Built-in data integrity protection includes end-to-end data verification, fault-detection and self-healing, and ensures recovery every time.
This ESG study focuses on why, when it comes to data protection, visibility is the most significant key to success, and how to achieve a truly unified view. · According to the 2013 IT Spending Intentions Survey, improving data backup and recovery was the #2 most important IT priority selected by respondents
· Without far reaching visibility, infrastructure is guaranteed to miss backing up some servers, while potentially duplicating protection of others
· The clarity gained by a unified view is necessary for proactively reporting protection to stakeholders and compliance to auditors
Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. Information is useless if customers, employees or business partners can’t access it when needed. This paper provides a quick guide for gaining smart backup to benefit business.
Availability and integrity of information, or the lack of it, can directly impact revenues and profits and company reputation
How you back up – the people, process and infrastructure you have in place – can affect key business initiatives
Good back up can accelerate or decelerate the pace at which you roll out new applications or extend virtualization across your organization
This whitepaper focuses on IDC research into twelve different organisations the benefits of relying on a consolidated approach to protecting backup and archive data.
These interviews provided valuable insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy
IDC analyzed the data from three interviews and compared the results with data and insights from nine other interviews conducted previously
Customer benefits realized include strong ROI and annual savings, IT staff productivity optimization, and end-user productivity improvement
This whitepaper lists key things to look for when researching a deduplication storage solution, providing insight on solutions uniquely positioned to deliver tremendous business value. • All deduplication solutions can reduce your storage requirements. However, how efficiently they do it and whether your critical data can actually be reliably recovered vary greatly • Solutions that are a cut above provide the scale, performance and efficient replication you require • This paper focuses on new technology leadership, differentiation, and why it matters to you
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Polycom Renew Their Most Iconic Teleconferencing Solution
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Product ArchitectQLD
- CCIntegration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Unix Administrator - Warehouse Management SystemsOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- CCDesktop Support TechnicianOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther
- CCIntegration DeveloperVIC
- FTFinance Business PartnerOther
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM CONSULTANT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- CCMid-level SAP ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical/ Architecture Java LeadVIC
- FTMarketing Operations ManagerNSW
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM ARCHITECT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- FTNetwork Engineers- Transmission, IP Core and ITOther
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- FTSoftware Asset ManagerACT
- FTSenior Strategy Specialist - Direct / ConsumerOther