Best practices for protecting sensitive business information while making people productive from anywhere.
The ability to take Windows applications and desktops mobile has many advantages, but the variation in mobile device types, including form factor and platform, makes the process of identifying a single solution to address all the employees’ requirements complex. What strategies should you consider to address this challenge?
This paper discusses: • The growing challenge of maintaining information security in today’s evolving enterprise environment • Key advantages of desktop virtualization as an inherently more secure computing architecture • The top ten benefits of using desktop virtualization to strengthen information security • And how you can regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
The IT industry has been abuzz promoting the idea of virtual desktop infrastructure. But despite its advantages, adoption has been slow, and many organizations have abandoned their VDI initiatives. This paper explores how a new flash-based approach can overcome the key VDI pitfalls, and deliver a solution that both end-users and IT administrators will love.
When IT organizations set up private cloud computing environments, it creates a new set of network monitoring challenges that traditional network management tools are unable to address. This white paper details how network management can go beyond just looking at the performance of individual nodes or components to providing holistic Business Service Monitoring (BSM) capabilities.
This paper presents a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of the User Virtualization Platform on organizations having shared server-based computing environment.
One of Australasia’s largest and most successful recruitment and human capital management companies share their success story after recruiting a user virtualization platform, giving them control over the users and devices that have access to specific applications.
QBE insurance group met the challenge of swiftly deploying a desktop virtualization solution, after practically outsourcing its entire IT department overnight. Read their story to learn how to allow users a comfortable desktop while ensuring that IT can maintain control.
Challenges: - Legacy disk-based SAN performance plummeted with the addition of just 10 VDI users. - The management complexities of the legacy disk-based SAN did not allow for a "set-it-and-forget-it" operation, but the organization required simplicity. Results: - Currently supporting 250 virtual desktops, with more to be deployed - Reduced latency to sub-millisecond - Dramatically simplified storage management - Achieved 12-to-1 data reduction
Like many municipalities, the City of Davenport wanted to transition to the more flexible and efficient IT infrastructure afforded by virtual desktops (VDI). However, the mechanical disk-based array they were using wasn’t able to meet the performance requirements for their initial VDI pilot deployment of 50 VMs. In this case study, we look at how the City of Davenport upgraded its VDI.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to secure your CMS without patching
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTTeam Leader/Assistant Director Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)ACT
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSenior Vendor ManagerOther
- FTPMO Project ManagerOther
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- TPSolution ArchitectWA
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTHR Project Officer (Workforce Planning)Other
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther