Best practices for protecting sensitive business information while making people productive from anywhere.
The ability to take Windows applications and desktops mobile has many advantages, but the variation in mobile device types, including form factor and platform, makes the process of identifying a single solution to address all the employees’ requirements complex. What strategies should you consider to address this challenge?
This paper discusses: • The growing challenge of maintaining information security in today’s evolving enterprise environment • Key advantages of desktop virtualization as an inherently more secure computing architecture • The top ten benefits of using desktop virtualization to strengthen information security • And how you can regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
The IT industry has been abuzz promoting the idea of virtual desktop infrastructure. But despite its advantages, adoption has been slow, and many organizations have abandoned their VDI initiatives. This paper explores how a new flash-based approach can overcome the key VDI pitfalls, and deliver a solution that both end-users and IT administrators will love.
When IT organizations set up private cloud computing environments, it creates a new set of network monitoring challenges that traditional network management tools are unable to address. This white paper details how network management can go beyond just looking at the performance of individual nodes or components to providing holistic Business Service Monitoring (BSM) capabilities.
This paper presents a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of the User Virtualization Platform on organizations having shared server-based computing environment.
One of Australasia’s largest and most successful recruitment and human capital management companies share their success story after recruiting a user virtualization platform, giving them control over the users and devices that have access to specific applications.
QBE insurance group met the challenge of swiftly deploying a desktop virtualization solution, after practically outsourcing its entire IT department overnight. Read their story to learn how to allow users a comfortable desktop while ensuring that IT can maintain control.
Challenges: - Legacy disk-based SAN performance plummeted with the addition of just 10 VDI users. - The management complexities of the legacy disk-based SAN did not allow for a "set-it-and-forget-it" operation, but the organization required simplicity. Results: - Currently supporting 250 virtual desktops, with more to be deployed - Reduced latency to sub-millisecond - Dramatically simplified storage management - Achieved 12-to-1 data reduction
Like many municipalities, the City of Davenport wanted to transition to the more flexible and efficient IT infrastructure afforded by virtual desktops (VDI). However, the mechanical disk-based array they were using wasn’t able to meet the performance requirements for their initial VDI pilot deployment of 50 VMs. In this case study, we look at how the City of Davenport upgraded its VDI.
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Destiny 2 PC review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- FTPermanent .Net Developer roleACT
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTAnalysis, Design & Configuration ManagerOther
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- CCBusiness Analysts - agileACT
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- CCProject Implementation Support - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCProject Director - Gold CoastQLD
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- FTPractice Director DevelopmentSA
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Internet Services Engineer - DevOpsNSW