Given the advances attackers have been making, it is very unlikely that organizations will be able to keep motivated and patient adversaries out of their networks. In most cases, the best one can hope for is to detect targeted attacks early and limit the amount of information the attackers can obtain access to. In this whitepaper, we identify the timeline of a typical attack sequence and the tools available for implementing custom defence strategies.
This story is becoming frustratingly old. Cyber threats are continuously advancing in their adaptability speed, sophistication, and degree of stealthiness. At the same time, the exposed footprint is expanding. More business operations are moving online and end-user devices—corporate-issued and user-owned—are expanding in number and variety. A reasonable question asked by executives responsible for making decisions on their organisations’ security budgets is whether their money and resources are being spent wisely. Are their businesses buying and using the best mix of security technologies to meet their needs and obligations? Read on.
Clearswift’s SECURE Web and Email gateway security solutions are designed to accelerate the returns on your virtualisation strategy. Our award-‐winning web and email solutions consolidate existing multiple point security products and vendors into unified web and email solutions. Read more.
The FireEye Advanced Threat Report for the second half of 2011 is based on research and trend analysis conducted by the FireEye Malware Intelligence Labs. This report provides an overview of advanced targeted attacks in the second half of 2011 and was developed to provide insights into the current threat landscape, evolving advanced persistent threat (APT) tactics, and the level of infiltration seen in organisational networks today. This is not a typical threat report with just tallies of the millions of well-known malware or billions of spam messages. Read more.
There are a lot of misconceptions out there about safe web browsing. You might think you're being safe. But without the facts it’s next to impossible to stay protected against today’s changing threats. In this paper we describe the top five myths of safe web browsing, what the facts really are, and what you can do to stay secure.
Small businesses are especially vulnerable to computer viruses and lost or stolen data, since they typically lack the IT resources to deal with these threats. Inadequately protected computers open the door to annoying infections, or worse, serious business disruption. Below are five simple and effective strategies to help you protect your business against an ever-increasing number of threats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Vulnerability hits Intel enterprise PCs going back 10 years
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- TPImplementation Planner - Payroll PortfolioQLD
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- CCTesting SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTTest Engineer | $92 p/hrVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Office 365) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTRecord Management Support OfficerACT
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery ExecutiveACT
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD