Cost-effective solutions to facilitate connectivity and enhance productivity, both at home and abroad have become a critical success factor for Australian businesses. But how to balance cost versus connectivity? This paper provides an insight into trends in international business communication, and how Australian businesses are attempting to manage this challenge.
International wireless roaming is an ongoing concern for companies that do business overseas. The challenge for all companies with international travellers needing mobility is to strike an appropriate balance between cost, ease of use, and providing employees the means to be accessible while getting their jobs done when on the road. In this whitepaper, we look getting the mix right.
Although residential Wi-Fi applications are a primary focus for these 802.11ac technologies, they will also have a considerable impact on enterprise wireless LANs (WLANs). Both increasing the wireless bandwidth in a cell and the trend towards multiple antennas will make it easier to provide seamless Wi-Fi coverage around physical obstructions, such as elevator shafts and stair wells. Download to learn more.
Four trends continue to drive changes in the field service market: an increased focus on workforce optimization, improved service quality levels, a move to more flexible software models (for example, software as a service or cloud), and wireless mobility. Read on.
Internet bandwidth is a finite and expensive resource; protect it from spammers, criminals, hackers, timewasters and employee misuse. Your company’s internet link is precious. Not only is it expensive and limited but it is a vital business tool. Yet our analysis shows that companies can lose around a quarter of their internet bandwidth to employee web misuse, streaming media and spam. Imagine if you had to give up a quarter of your office space for non-work activities; it’s inconceivable. But when it comes to internet bandwidth, most companies don’t even know about the loss, let alone take steps to prevent it.
This paper provides insight into where fake antivirus comes from and how it is distributed, what happens when a system is infected with fake antivirus, and how to stop this persistent threat from infecting your network and your users.
802.11n is delivering on promises to bring revolutionary advances in throughput and capacity to the wireless LAN. For the first time in the history of the development of IEEE 802.11 networks, wireless LAN speeds are comparable to commonly used wired technologies. Now that wireless LAN users have access to speeds well in excess of 100 Mbps, wireless LANs can no longer be treated as an afterthought.
Before Wi-Fi protocol analyzers, administrators and consultants alike were only able to troubleshoot by continually reviewing the network design of and device operation within the network infrastructure. With the introduction of Wi-Fi protocol analyzers, these professionals had the equivalent of RF goggles. They could now see what was happening and could reactively troubleshoot problems. Read on.
Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) are easily the most exciting development in computing devices in the post-laptop era. By combining portability near to that of a phone with a larger screen, it is possible to interact with much larger data sets and to perform previously inaccessible computing tasks. From the user perspective, one set of credentials is used on all devices, including MIDs. However, only corporate-owned devices have access to the corporate network. Personal devices can be restricted to only Internet access, or can be given access only to a restricted set of resources such as a virtual desktop infrastructure. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTInfrastructure Manager / Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCAutomation Scripter - Data CentresWA
- CCAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTChange Lead- Strategic Implementation & Transformation ProjectsOther
- TPIT Project Manager - Large Complex CRM ImplementationNSW
- FTService ManagerOther
- CCMySQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCETL DevelopersACT
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- TPSenior Service DeskVIC
- TPChange Analyst / ManagerQLD
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - Firewalls (Juniper )Other
- CCJunior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTRPA DeveloperOther