Security of a wireless network still ranks as one of the largest concerns of IT professionals planning to roll out an enterprise wireless LAN. Many people erroneously believe that a wireless LAN is inherently insecure. This is largely due to security flaws in early Wi-Fi protocols like WEP (Wired Equivalency Protocol), more recent vulnerabilities found in TKIP and lack of awareness as to how to deploy a secure WLAN. This whitepaper will help the wireless network administrator or security manager to understand the security capabilities in a modern Wi-Fi solution, where they should be used and how the WLAN integrates with other security devices in the network.
While all Wi-Fi vendors understand the need for and are taking steps in the directions of a fully-distributed architecture, crossing the bridge from controller-based to controller-less takes a significant amount of time and effort because all system features and the user interface must be re-architected for a fully-distributed platform. We invite you to take the road less traveled: controller-less. Read on.
Today's de facto standard architecture is commonly referred to as the, “controller-based” architecture, sometimes referred to as the “split MAC” architecture. It involves one or more controllers and controller-based (lightweight, thin) APs. The controller-based architecture was created to solve manageability, mobility (as opposed to portability), control-plane inadequacies, and high operational expenditure (OPEX) problems that were prevalent in autonomous (fat, thick, standalone) AP implementations. Find out how to eliminate the need to redesign your network in order to introduce a controller-based overlay infrastructure. That’s one less thing to manage, and one less thing to pay for.
SonicWALL and CIO magazine’s custom solutions group recently conducted a series of facilitated conversations with dozens of CIOs and senior IT executives throughout the United States. The upshot: Most IT leaders are now building their technology infrastructure for growth. Their issue: How to seize new business opportunities while mitigating risk.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate Software Developer - Front EndWA
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperACT
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- TPCyber Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneWA
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther
- CCSenior ICT Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTSCCM SpecialistOther
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)ACT
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- FTConfiguration AnalystOther