Cost-effective solutions to facilitate connectivity and enhance productivity, both at home and abroad have become a critical success factor for Australian businesses. But how to balance cost versus connectivity? This paper provides an insight into trends in international business communication, and how Australian businesses are attempting to manage this challenge.
Four trends continue to drive changes in the field service market: an increased focus on workforce optimization, improved service quality levels, a move to more flexible software models (for example, software as a service or cloud), and wireless mobility. Read on.
While all Wi-Fi vendors understand the need for and are taking steps in the directions of a fully-distributed architecture, crossing the bridge from controller-based to controller-less takes a significant amount of time and effort because all system features and the user interface must be re-architected for a fully-distributed platform. We invite you to take the road less traveled: controller-less. Read on.
Internet bandwidth is a finite and expensive resource; protect it from spammers, criminals, hackers, timewasters and employee misuse. Your company’s internet link is precious. Not only is it expensive and limited but it is a vital business tool. Yet our analysis shows that companies can lose around a quarter of their internet bandwidth to employee web misuse, streaming media and spam. Imagine if you had to give up a quarter of your office space for non-work activities; it’s inconceivable. But when it comes to internet bandwidth, most companies don’t even know about the loss, let alone take steps to prevent it.
Security of a wireless network still ranks as one of the largest concerns of IT professionals planning to roll out an enterprise wireless LAN. Many people erroneously believe that a wireless LAN is inherently insecure. This is largely due to security flaws in early Wi-Fi protocols like WEP (Wired Equivalency Protocol), more recent vulnerabilities found in TKIP and lack of awareness as to how to deploy a secure WLAN. This whitepaper will help the wireless network administrator or security manager to understand the security capabilities in a modern Wi-Fi solution, where they should be used and how the WLAN integrates with other security devices in the network.
Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) are easily the most exciting development in computing devices in the post-laptop era. By combining portability near to that of a phone with a larger screen, it is possible to interact with much larger data sets and to perform previously inaccessible computing tasks. From the user perspective, one set of credentials is used on all devices, including MIDs. However, only corporate-owned devices have access to the corporate network. Personal devices can be restricted to only Internet access, or can be given access only to a restricted set of resources such as a virtual desktop infrastructure. Read on.
International wireless roaming is an ongoing concern for companies that do business overseas. The challenge for all companies with international travellers needing mobility is to strike an appropriate balance between cost, ease of use, and providing employees the means to be accessible while getting their jobs done when on the road. In this whitepaper, we look getting the mix right.
SonicWALL and CIO magazine’s custom solutions group recently conducted a series of facilitated conversations with dozens of CIOs and senior IT executives throughout the United States. The upshot: Most IT leaders are now building their technology infrastructure for growth. Their issue: How to seize new business opportunities while mitigating risk.
Before Wi-Fi protocol analyzers, administrators and consultants alike were only able to troubleshoot by continually reviewing the network design of and device operation within the network infrastructure. With the introduction of Wi-Fi protocol analyzers, these professionals had the equivalent of RF goggles. They could now see what was happening and could reactively troubleshoot problems. Read on.
This paper provides insight into where fake antivirus comes from and how it is distributed, what happens when a system is infected with fake antivirus, and how to stop this persistent threat from infecting your network and your users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Polycom Renew Their Most Iconic Teleconferencing Solution
- Western Digital Announces Acquisition of Upthere
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- NBN hooks up 6 million homes and businesses
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsOther
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTBiztalk DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Integration Developer - Cloud focusOther
- FTFront End Developer (Urgent)Other
- TPQlik DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideQLD
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- CCPenetration TesterQLD
- FTAgile Business AnalystOther
- FTAgile Business Analyst, MarketingOther
- CCGraph Database Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTUX Designer | Mobile App | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- TPService Desk Team LeaderVIC